ZAP2XML needs missing perl dependencies

Perl is a highly capable, feature-rich programming language with over 24 years of development. Perl runs on over 100 platforms from portables to mainframes and is suitable for both rapid prototyping and large scale development projects.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

latiron
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

ZAP2XML needs missing perl dependencies

Post by latiron »

Howdy All,
I am running an EMBY Server on my ASUS-STOR 3204T. I am using zap2xml to download TV Guide listings for my OTA (Over The Air) Live TV inside the EMBY Server. Right now, I am doing this on my Windows 10 Pro laptop. I don't want to use it now that I have the ASUSTOR NAS Device running my EMBY Server. So, zap2xml uses Perl and they provide a Perl file that will grab all the info I need. However, when I run the Perl file on the ASUSTOR, I get an error that Perl needs some dependencies. So, I tried to install those, but I am unsure how. I am a Windows User, not a Linux user and not even close to understanding Perl or any programming languages. So, I am looking for anyone who can help me get this Perl file to run so that the needed guide info can be automatically downloaded on the ASUSTOR. Currently, I have a Task Scheduler running 3 batch files to get the guide info and then copy it to the ASUSTOR where my EMBY Server is pointing to them in a directory stored on the ASUSTOR.

So, I can't be the only person on the planet using an ASUSTOR running EMBY that is trying to use zap2xml to get OTA Guide data. At least, I hope not. Either way, I need some assistance. If you can help, or point me to where I can get help, please do. I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Lat
TinCanFury

Re: ZAP2XML needs missing perl dependencies

Post by TinCanFury »

What dependencies do you need?

if you find the dependency on
https://metacpan.org/

you should, along the left side column see an "Install Instructions" link, which should get you there with the CPAN shell. For example,
perl -MCPAN -e shell
install <module name>

Return to “Perl”