Any updates to Node.JS planned?

Node.js is a platform built on Chrome's JavaScript runtime for easily building fast, scalable network applications. Node.js uses an event-driven, non-blocking I/O model that makes it lightweight and efficient, perfect for data-intensive real-time applications that run across distributed devices.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

MikeG.6.5
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Any updates to Node.JS planned?

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Got introduced to a new application to make administering multiple Plex Media Servers much easier. This app syncs the watched content from one server to another, or can sync them across, is the libraries have similar content.

The problem is, it requires Node.JS 4.6. The version of Node.JS we have on the NAS is version 0.10.13.r3 which was EOL this month. (According to the link here: https://github.com/nodejs/LTS#lts_schedule ) This was uploaded to App Central on July of 2013, so it looks to me like the package was put together by an Asustor rep and then never maintained.

We have a lot of apps like this. Can we get this updated to at least something a bit more current, please?
IPhantom

Re: Any updates to Node.JS planned?

Post by IPhantom »

Let me continue this thread and repeat the question... I would need at least 8.0!

Return to “nodejs”