BigErn
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: How to install old FFmpeg 3.3.2.r11

Post by BigErn »

FFmpeg Changelog:
Ver. 4.2.r4

- Update FFmpeg to 4.2.

Ver. 3.3.2.r13

- Remove AC3, eAC3, trueHD, DTS codec playback support.

Ver. 3.3.2.r11

- Added faad lib to ffmpeg for aac decode
- Fixed issue "Music Player - unable show the correct time of some musics"
Richard

Post by Richard »

Oooh so the DTS was already removed in r13, not in v4.
Thanks!!
Richard

Post by Richard »

Just to be sure, I can use the previous version of uPnP2 server with this correct?
I've got 0010_999_1554884984_upnp-server-v2_1.0.2.r132_i386 and it does not give any dependency issues.
BigErn

Post by BigErn »

Should be able to. As long as it installs ok and doesn't force an FFmpeg upgrade. I installed the most recent prior versions of MiniDLNA and UPnP Media server 1 and they both seem to work.
Richard

Post by Richard »

No only the latest uPnP v2 forces an ffmpeg update.
This is the most recent prior version of uPnP which did not gave any issues. The NAS says there are updates for both, but I will ignore those.

Thank you!
Richard

Post by Richard »

Sorry to bump this old thread but my NAS is reinstalled newly now due to the raid issue.

However, after installing uPnP Media Server v1 I discovered that FFMPEG was not automatically installed with it this time.
So isn't ffmpeg needed anymore? And can I use DTS if it's not used?

Because the download section does not contain the old 3.3.2.r11 version anymore so I can't put that back anymore to keep DTS working.

If not, then I'm wondernig between what the differences are between uPnP Mediacenter v1 and v2 because I don't see a difference in the descriptions.
orion

Post by orion »

Richard wrote:Sorry to bump this old thread but my NAS is reinstalled newly now due to the raid issue.

However, after installing uPnP Media Server v1 I discovered that FFMPEG was not automatically installed with it this time.
So isn't ffmpeg needed anymore? And can I use DTS if it's not used?

Because the download section does not contain the old 3.3.2.r11 version anymore so I can't put that back anymore to keep DTS working.

If not, then I'm wondernig between what the differences are between uPnP Mediacenter v1 and v2 because I don't see a difference in the descriptions.
I think you can choose one of them from the list (https://appdownload.asustor.com/). Then install it manually.
Richard

Post by Richard »

I think you can choose one of them from the list (https://appdownload.asustor.com/). Then install it manually.
As you can read from my originale message, it's not there anymore.
Because the download section does not contain the old 3.3.2.r11 version anymore
However, maybe I don't need it. Becaue uPnP v1 seems not to need it anymore to work and I don't use the HDMI to watch TV.
So if DTS works via DLNA I would be happy already.
orion

Post by orion »

Richard wrote: As you can read from my originale message, it's not there anymore.
Yes. But I mean the other one (ex: 3.3.2.r13). I'm not sure if uPnP Media Server will utilize ffmpeg neither. From my point of view, it's shared library. Nice to have it.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Thanks but the .r13 does not have DTS support anymore so no use to me.

Return to “FFmpeg”