Updated Chrome

A web browser built for speed, simplicity, and security.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

atsoerbo
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Updated Chrome

Post by atsoerbo »

Is there coming a updated chrome for AS-602T? The one who is available is 3 years old.
--== atsoerbo==--
AS-602T...... among others.
MikeG.6.5

Re: Updated Chrome

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

If the ADM 2.6 beta is available for your model, I think it has a newer version of Chrome. I haven't installed it on my 7004T yet, but I had heard there was a new version there.
atsoerbo

Post by atsoerbo »

MikeG.6.5 wrote:If the ADM 2.6 beta is available for your model, I think it has a newer version of Chrome. I haven't installed it on my 7004T yet, but I had heard there was a new version there.
Yes, the 2.6 ADM Beta is available, but with a very short list of updates. Chrome is not one of the updates.
The product is already "old", with very limited updates.
--== atsoerbo==--
AS-602T...... among others.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

As other brand ... all NAS based on PowerVR graphic chipset ("old" ATOM processor even sold by Intel as Intel Graphic Processor) don't have update of the graphic driver (except in some limited case in 32 Bits) and use specific libraries not updated by INTEL ...

So the possibilities are very limited ...

If you add the fact that Google abandon the 32 bits version for Linux (ONLY 64 bits will be now available and updated (even for security)) ... I let you imagine the potential update ...

I don't know ALL models from ASUSTOR but my AS-202TE is in the same state ... ADM updated in 2.6 ... BUT Chrome stay in v 31 (so too old to run Netflix and other HTML5 DRM players ...

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
rom

Post by rom »

hello I have a 602t and chrome always crashes. another browers to use?
thank you
orion

Post by orion »

rom wrote:hello I have a 602t and chrome always crashes. another browers to use?
thank you
I think you should report it to asustor. http://support.asustor.com/
123zorn

Post by 123zorn »

It really is time for Asustor to get its act together and actually provide support for their NAS products. As an owner of 3 of their products, I am inches away of ditching all of them and going QNAP...

UPDATE CHROME! or AT A MINIMUM, comment on what is going on with your support of this necessary app.
marcflo

Post by marcflo »

Unfortunately is an ongoing theme with ausustor/asus... great hardware but no support for most if not all devices, especially the NAS. As a result of no supported update for chrome Spotify no longer works.

Return to “Chrome”