Can't Edit Backup Plan

redreptionil
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Can't Edit Backup Plan

Post by redreptionil »

When I try to change the folders I've got ABP (v 1.0.2.16210) backing up, it doesn't remember the changes.

Under Windows 10, I've got ABP backing up my Documents folder (among other folders). It's throwing error messages about the length of the path of the items under Microsoft's "FeedbackHub" folder. So, I selected my plan in ABP and then Operation > Edit. I went to the screen where we select the folders to back up and un-check Documents\FeedbackHub, continue to the end of the process and hit Finish. The next time the plan runs, it throws the same errors. I then go through the Edit process again and find that "FeedbackHub" is checked again. Running through the de-selection process again results in no change.
orion

Re: Can't Edit Backup Plan

Post by orion »

Your version is obviously too old. Mine is now v2.0.1.xxx. You should try to install the latest version.
redreptionil

Re: Can't Edit Backup Plan

Post by redreptionil »

Well, that's interesting. I'd repeatedly hit the "Check for Updates" link in the app, but it did nothing. So, I assumed it was up to date. After seeing your comment, I manually checked on the web site:

https://www.asustor.com/en/service/down ... duct_id=30

And found that the latest version is 2.0.2.23100 . Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: I manually updated to the latest version and all is well. Not only can the plan now be edited, it also no longer fails to back up those files I was initially talking about. So, I'm good to go.

Return to “ASUSTOR Backup Plan”