Does ABP create incremental backups?

maxbraketorque
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Does ABP create incremental backups?

Post by maxbraketorque »

I just installed APB on my PC, and after a quick review of the features, it does not appear to be able to create incremental backups, but could someone here confirm that?
orion

Re: Does ABP create incremental backups?

Post by orion »

ABP cannot do block-level incremental backup. I think it can do file-level incremental backup. I means that ABP will skip the files that are not modified (if you setup correctly). ;)
maxbraketorque

Post by maxbraketorque »

orion wrote:ABP cannot do block-level incremental backup. I think it can do file-level incremental backup. I means that ABP will skip the files that are not modified (if you setup correctly). ;)
Thanks. Yeah, I meant file-level incremental backups. I saw that there is an option to not rewrite existing unmodified files, but I don't see anything about creating incremental backups. Maybe I'll send a message to ASUSTOR support.
orion

Post by orion »

maxbraketorque wrote: I saw that there is an option to not rewrite existing unmodified files, but I don't see anything about creating incremental backups.
That option is what I mean.
maxbraketorque

Post by maxbraketorque »

orion wrote:
maxbraketorque wrote: I saw that there is an option to not rewrite existing unmodified files, but I don't see anything about creating incremental backups.
That option is what I mean.
I don't think that necessarily means incremental backups, at least not in the sense that I mean. I'm wondering it it can operate in a Time Machine manner where there is an option to restore files from a backup session from any available time/date.
orion

Post by orion »

maxbraketorque wrote: I don't think that necessarily means incremental backups, at least not in the sense that I mean. I'm wondering it it can operate in a Time Machine manner where there is an option to restore files from a backup session from any available time/date.
Yes, that depends on how to define "incremental backup". Nope, I don't think ABP can restore files based on time/date. From my understanding, ABP is a quite simple tool. It cannot compare to snapshot function to keep each revision.

Return to “ASUSTOR Backup Plan”