password unknown

tmansk
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

password unknown

Post by tmansk »

Hello: I have an AS5002t NAS. that is connected to my Linksys router. I can backup one of my wireless computers using the standard admin ID and password.
I can also backup my secondary desktop using the same signin. I cannot however use the backup program for my main desktop computer.
The reject message says the ID/password is not recognized...try again. I have tried every possible combination but cannot come up with a signin.
Some help please. tmansk
orion

Re: password unknown

Post by orion »

I guess your desktop computer should connect to NAS with guest account. Windows can only allow one user connected to a remote server at a given moment. You can check it by a command prompt. Execute the command "net use". You can check if you connected to NAS before. You can remove the connection by command "net use /d <drive letter>:" Then, use command to specify user name: "net use * \\<nas_ip>\<share_name> /user:<user_name>".

I think you can disable guest account under ADM. You won't get confused by this way.
tmansk

Post by tmansk »

what I do not understand is that I can just sign into the NAS without a concern, then it tells me that I need a new password to sign in. that is what I need (I am a plug -n-play user from way back). It does not tell me that I have overloaded some system I don't know about. what is the password?. I do get confused with command functions. I am thinking that this whole system of NAS backup is not for me. It is not mature enough to be plug-n-play as it tells me to use the "correct password"
tmansk

Post by tmansk »

to continue, the instructions with the backup program do not stay within the program it self to get it to work
orion

Post by orion »

Ok, I think you can try the following steps:
  • Go to NAS web page: ADM web page -> Access Control -> Local Users -> select "guest" -> Disable this account.
  • Reboot your NAS.
  • Try Backup Plan again on your devices.

Return to “ASUSTOR Backup Plan”