How to restore backup plan Synchro backup

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

lmwilco1
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

How to restore backup plan Synchro backup

Post by lmwilco1 »

Hello,

I have a AS-604T and have configured Backup Plan on several Windows systems to do a backup using the Synchronization method. The backup is working as expected but the Restore button is not active. If I do a onetime or scheduled backup then the Restore button is active.

How do I do a restore of a file that was backed up using the synchronization method?

Thanks,
Louis
Vincent.T@AST

Re: How to restore backup plan Synchro backup

Post by Vincent.T@AST »

Hi Louis,

Once you setup the Backup Plan to synchronize one of your PC's folder (for example: A) to NAS share (for example: B), the contents of A and B will be the same at all times. The purpose of synchronization is for automatic file distribution to different devices, not for backup purpose. The real application could be:

All ID designers use Backup Plan to sync their local "artwork" folder to NAS. Once they produce any file, they just need to save it to local "artwork" folder. Backup Plan will upload the new file to NAS automatically. Anyone who needs the file can always find it in NAS share without asking designer to send it separately.

Hope the example above can help you understand our Backup Plan better. If you have the data restore requirement, please use one-time or schedule backup option. Thank you.

Return to “ASUSTOR Backup Plan”