Backup folder created by Backup Plan.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

deathcythe10
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Backup folder created by Backup Plan.

Post by deathcythe10 »

Hi all, i just purchased my 202-te today and is has been great.

One thing that is annoying me a little is that Backup plan creates 3 levels of folder on top of the destination backup folder i have specified.

(i.e. i have chosen \Movies as the destination folder, it further creates sub folders \Movies\Asustor\PCname\drive\)

how can i change the path so that it only backsup to the \Movie without creating any subfolders?

Thanks in advance! :mrgreen:
Bananimal

Re: Backup folder created by Backup Plan.

Post by Bananimal »

Yes. I'm having the same irritating issue. I'm now regretting not going with a Windows Server Essentials solution for this very reason. Absurd issues related to what should be a simple task made irritating by adding unwanted folders. Who at ASUS thought that was OK? Many folders in my backup set are at the Windows path character length limit. Adding these unwanted folders renders my backup useless on restore when Windows barks at me for having too many characters in the restore path. Please fix this. It's a nightmare for me. :evil:
animaleyes76

Re: Backup folder created by Backup Plan. (Solved)

Post by animaleyes76 »

deathcythe10 wrote:Hi all, i just purchased my 202-te today and is has been great.

One thing that is annoying me a little is that Backup plan creates 3 levels of folder on top of the destination backup folder i have specified.

(i.e. i have chosen \Movies as the destination folder, it further creates sub folders \Movies\Asustor\PCname\drive\)

how can i change the path so that it only backsup to the \Movie without creating any subfolders?

Thanks in advance! :mrgreen:
Solved!!!

to fix the hierrarchy thing copying from the ASUSTOR to another NAS you need to tick the "Use 1 on 1 folder synchronisation" tickbox and you won't get the full path hierarchy from the ASUSTOR. :)
puerh

Re: Backup folder created by Backup Plan.

Post by puerh »

Can make who a screenshot of "Use 1 on 1 folder synchronization"?
I can't find in any way :( only the evil of subfolder

ps . original lang :
Может кто сделать скриншот "Use 1 on 1 folder synchronisation" ?
не могу найти никак :( бесят эти создаваемые подпапки

Return to “ASUSTOR Backup Plan”