Can't Create Backup Plan

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

widget
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Can't Create Backup Plan

Post by widget »

I just installed an Asustor AS6604T and I am having a problem creating a Backup Plan on one of the laptops on the network.

This is the basics of my network:
https://ibb.co/s5YWD3K

The Desktop and Laptop 2 can create a Backup Plan with no issues. However, Laptop 1 can't create a Backup Plan. When I startup the Backup Plan utility on Laptop 1, I select Create ASUSTOR NAS. The utility then spins for a bit and finally stops without finding the NAS. If I directly enter the IP address, it tells me that it is not in the list.

Using Laptop 1, I can however successfully write and read to and from the NAS through Windows File Explorer. This shows that Laptop 1 can communicate with the NAS.

This problem persists regardless of which wireless router Laptop 1 is using. In addition, if I bring Laptop 1 next to the Switch and plug it into the Switch, the problem still exists.

Laptop 2 does not have this problem regardless of which wireless router it attaches into.

The Desktop also does not have a problem when connected into the Switch.

All three computers are running the latest versions of Windows which leads me to believe that the issue is due to one or multiple settings in Windows that differ between Laptop 1 and the other computers.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to resolve this problem?
orion

Re: Can't Create Backup Plan

Post by orion »

• I think you can try to disable firewall and disable antivirus software in laptop 1 first.
  • Finding NAS tool should send certain broadcast packet to LAN. If you setup multiple LANs and laptop 1 is located onto different LAN than NAS, the tool cannot find NAS. So you can check IP/mask on laptop 1, laptop 2 and NAS.
widget

Post by widget »

I was able to disable Avira and then the NAS could be found for the Backup Plan on Laptop 1. Obviously, I do not want to keep Avira disabled in order to keep the backup working. Now that the Backup Plan is set up, can I turn Avira back on (or will the backups fail once it is back on)?
orion

Post by orion »

I have no ideas what your antivirus software does. If it's only blocking finding NAS function, you can enable it after you setup Backup Plan. Anyway, the correct way is to find out if there are any settings inside your antivirus software about it.

Return to “ASUSTOR Backup Plan”