Different Subnet

Ant1
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Different Subnet

Post by Ant1 »

I recently changed internet providers and the included modem is also a router. My old linksys was on the 192.168.1.1 range and my new one is in the 192.168.0.1 range. I had given my Nas a static ip of 192.168.1.124 and forgot to change it before doing the cable install. And now control center and aimaster can find my nas but I can't get in. Control Center says different subnet under status. i can't find a way around this to get in to my Nas.I never set up cloud access either. Any help appreciated
lanimul

Re: Different Subnet

Post by lanimul »

There is a reset button on the back, hold it til it beeps, then use control center again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Ant1

Post by Ant1 »

Thanks for the response I will try it in the morning. Do you know if I'll end up losing the
files on my hard drive? Will the reset make me go through all the initialization process?
orion

Post by orion »

Ant1 wrote:Thanks for the response I will try it in the morning. Do you know if I'll end up losing the
files on my hard drive? Will the reset make me go through all the initialization process?
The reset operation is only reset network settings and your admin password. So your NAS will get IP address from your DHCP server. Your data should be safe.
sksbir

Post by sksbir »

orion wrote:
Ant1 wrote:Thanks for the response I will try it in the morning. Do you know if I'll end up losing the
The reset operation is only reset network settings and your admin password. So your NAS will get IP address from your DHCP server. Your data should be safe.
Are you serious ? This means that a thief who would size my device would be able to recover all my data, even in encrypted folders... I cannot believe that :o
orion

Post by orion »

sksbir wrote: Are you serious ? This means that a thief who would size my device would be able to recover all my data, even in encrypted folders... I cannot believe that :o
Yes and no. Yes, you can steal data if you steal somebody's NAS without encryption. Its behavior is the same as the most of servers. No, you cannot get the data if the stolen NAS is encrypted (and, of course, if it's not mounted automatically when reboot).

Return to “ASUSTOR Control Center”