Windows 11 ACC doesnt see NAS After scan

itsjero
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Windows 11 ACC doesnt see NAS After scan

Post by itsjero »

Okay so first off, im new here. this is my first post.

With the ACC - Command Center Software... it looks great. Problem is, it doesnt work for me. I see lots of post regarding this, and all of these posts arent for windows 11. I dont have my VPN active when trying to scan with ACC, or any sort of firewall or antivirus protection other than what windows has ( windows defender and firewall ).

I can see the NAS through the network, and when i go to the online GUI page, i get full functionality and can use the NAS, install software, etc.

I can transfer files to and from, etc. I have 2 other NAS's on my home network, and they both have software like this but dont have this issue at all. Im currently trying to migrate the files from those older boxes to this new, awesome, asustor box. For reference, im running a new asustor as5304t. Ive upgraded the ram to 16gb - not that it matters, but i just did recently. I have 4x4tb hdds inside it for now. Maybe upgrade later, but for now 16tb is fine considering my other two nas's combined makeup 6-8tb.

Anyhow, like i said, the internet GUI/Page works fine. I can use the phone app. I have mapped the drive to use in windows and can transfer files back and forth, and am currently doing the (ugh ) very time consuming move of files from 2 other boxes to this singular box.

This NAS rocks. It completely is awesome and to me, this is what a nas should be. From the apps, the hardware inside the nas, the other software for the box, the magnetic faceplate, the upgradeable ram.. you name it. I love this thing.

but id also love to get ACC working. Im at a loss honestly. I do have a few pi-holes on my network, but that shouldnt be an issue. Thats for incoming traffic and ad-blocking and it has never interferred with software for a NAS like this.

Ill click scan or when it opens the software, itll scan on its own. Nothing. Again, my router and ORBI see the nas, and ive tried both ethernet cables and both IP's, ive tried making 1 IP for the link aggrigation ( or whatever its called ) but i think my network switches just arent the kick ass kind that allow that stuff. Theyre just like 8 port netgear switches that are unmanaged so until i get that changed out, i wont be able to enjoy the 2.5gbpe speeds its capable of. But, its on the list of to dos.

So does anyone else have this issue? Ive seen some posts about it and again im just at a loss. Im using a new laptop i got recently too.. an asus 2022 M16 thats running windows 11 . I havent tried messing around with ACC on my regular PC i have as well but this laptop rocks so ive been using it as my desktop just isnt as good as this. Its good, just not this new etc. It runs i think windows 8 professional if im not mistaken.

So what should i try to get ACC working? What am i missing here? Really a bummer since everything this thing has brought to the table works flawlessly out of the box, but ACC just will do a scan and nope, no dice. Even my older netgear NV+ has "RAIDar" that scans for it and it finds it and locates it and lets me browse. Its a small peice of software but it works and its pretty picky.

Acc tho.. again just doesnt see it. I can access the nas every single other way you can imagine through the web via IP addy and login that way and use like the cool "OS" style web page where it has icons and i can download and install apps, look at stats of the NAS, etc. Fantastic web GUI and stuff. The phone app works fantastic as well on my samsnung galaxy 20+. Works again, flawless.

But ACC is just nothing. I even uninstalled it after i got everything up and running ( i installed it first before i installed the NAS on the network etc ) but that didnt do anything.

Please help or suggest fixes. I dont know why it doesnt see the NAS when every other way windows sees it and can use it.
wde

Re: Windows 11 ACC doesnt see NAS After scan

Post by wde »

I had a similar problem with windows 10.
The fix, for me, was to type "Turn Windows features on or off" in the search bar.
Scroll down and enable "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support"
Close all programs and reboot Windows.
My NAS: Flashtor 6 FS6706T ADM: 4.3.0.RSB1 Router: Technicolor CGM4331COM (XB7)
itsjero

Post by itsjero »

I was really hoping that would work as ive read elsewhere that something along these lines is interferring with it.

But, no avail. I think im going to turn it back on... because honestly i dont know what turning that off does. I might reboot my NAS ( im using a 4 bay 5304T model ) and it has 2 ports.. and im using port aggregation.. however.. i dont have switches that support 2.5gb so i dont think.. actually i know.. its not providing any speed benefits of doing so and both ports combine into a single IP address.

And my network is kinda crazy.. im bouncing from a modem, to an orbi router, to switches along the house as i have a hardline wired from the switch ( orbi to switch, swith to another switch, and down the line ).

But today i should have fixed that as i ordered two pretty spendy 8 port 10gb/5gb/2.5gb switches that im going to install.. now monday since amazon pushed my delivery back a day. That should give me true 2.5gb throughput and im stoked for that as my current speed just sucks and im working with large 1gb+ files so transferring from my 2 older nas boxes to my new 5304T is taking a LOOOOONG time.

But again maybe once i get the switches in.. they are managed.. and setup the network a bit better. I also have a few piholes ( real hardware raspberry pi holes not one running off the NAs.. but it can so i could run 3 which would be kinda crazy ) and sort of look at my network and try to tidy it up a bit.. maybe that will fix it.

Just seems odd that i can access the NAS through normal windows ( running windows 11 on this new laptop ) and map the network drive for access...i can also access it using the phone app, AND i can access it through the web browser which kinda looks like an OS when im using that.

I just want to use the program Control Center as it looks like its a pretty good peice of software but nothing i do makes it work. Using 1 port, both ports, aggregating them, etc.

The Asustor software just opens up and does its boot scan and i get a blank screen. Then ill scan manuall again.. and again nothing. I unchecked that box of your suggestion, rebooted the laptop, and still nothinig.

Dont know if im doing something wrong over here..

I have an older netgear readynas NV+ that i use that is a 4 bay nas.. its a tank and i got it for a steal at a thrift store ( 19.99 and it had 4x1tb hdds in it ) but no one there knew what it was or how to use it or how to verify it worked. I did.

But it has an app called "RaidAr" that sort of does the same thing. It scans the LAN and looks for a NAS and finds the readynas then lets you "Browse" the nas which just opens a windows window that you can look at files etc and transfer drag and drop etc. That program scans and finds the Readynas, but the Asustor app scans and doesnt find the Asustor Nas for some reson.

Last question here - Am i really missing anything by not being able to use the control center? I imagine i am, but i hope that i can get all the functionality of the drive through the WebPage GUI deal which im assuming here.. is more or less exactly what the control center would bring to the table.''But am i missing anything by not being able to use the control center?

Its looking more and more like im not going to be able to use it.
wde

Post by wde »

I use it mainly for the WOL function while at my PC.
My NAS: Flashtor 6 FS6706T ADM: 4.3.0.RSB1 Router: Technicolor CGM4331COM (XB7)
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

Recent ADM has included WS-Discovery which is in the Services>SMB>Enable WS-Discovery. This helps Windows with SMB1 disabled (due to vulnerability risk) still able to discover the NAS.

About ACC, honestly I didn't even install when I first got the NAS as everything is doable on the portal GUI, except as mentioned by wde, trigger WOL. Well my NAS isn't configured to sleep, only hibernate disks because I have many users accessing it both internally and externally. I do however use WOL for other devices and usually trigger them simply via my router's admin page or router's terminal console or recently something that I custom setup, "Ok Google, wake up my <device-name>".
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response

Return to “ASUSTOR Control Center”