It is currently Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:22 am
All times are UTC + 8 hours

Virtualbox 5.x?

VirtualBox is a powerful x86 and AMD64/Intel64 virtualization product for enterprise as well as home use. Not only is VirtualBox an extremely feature rich, high performance product for enterprise customers, it is also the only professional solution that is freely available as Open Source Software under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2.

Virtualbox 5.x?

Postby jauling » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:37 am

Any plans to upgrade Virtualbox to 5.0.x or 5.1.x? The version on ADM2.6 is really old, 4.3-3!
jauling
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:34 am
Location: Amsterdam

Re: Virtualbox 5.x?

Postby bimbo » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:38 pm

The plan is now reality :)
VB V5.1.14R01 is ready to download.
Asustor AS6204T, 16GB Ram, 4x 6TB HGST Deskstar NAS, ADM 3.0.4.RCQ1
bimbo
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:19 am

Re: Virtualbox 5.x?

Postby nero78 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:36 pm

My mouse cursor is still off when I use VB5 :(
nero78
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:01 pm

Re: Virtualbox 5.x?

Postby leodd » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:16 pm

You need to install the Virtualbox Guest Additions on your VM.
Settings -> Install Guest Additions...

:lol:
leodd
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:08 pm

Re: Virtualbox 5.x?

Postby nero78 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:09 am

leodd wrote:You need to install the Virtualbox Guest Additions on your VM.
Settings -> Install Guest Additions...

:lol:


Can't find "Install Guest Additions" in settings.

How do I for instance install Windows 95 in a VM when my mouse is like this? Though I needed to install the additions AFTER the OS was installed?
nero78
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:01 pm

Re: Virtualbox 5.x?

Postby jauling » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:29 pm

bimbo wrote:The plan is now reality :)
VB V5.1.14R01 is ready to download.


Wow, for some reason Asustor support didnt even know this came out! Just upgraded to ADM2.7 and then upgraded my Virtualbox app to 5.1.14, thanks! Unfortunately, my Ubuntu 16.04 Linux guest still has very slow network performance. I reported this issue when I was on ADM2.6 + Virtualbox 4.3.36...

iperf3 results are around 800-900Mbps in one direction (acceptable), but sadly around 200-300Mbps in the reverse direction. :?

Anyone else have this problem? I've got an AS5104T.
jauling
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:34 am
Location: Amsterdam

Re: Virtualbox 5.x?

Postby father.mande » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:43 pm

Hi,
jauling wrote:
bimbo wrote:The plan is now reality :)
VB V5.1.14R01 is ready to download.


Wow, for some reason Asustor support didnt even know this came out! Just upgraded to ADM2.7 and then upgraded my Virtualbox app to 5.1.14, thanks! Unfortunately, my Ubuntu 16.04 Linux guest still has very slow network performance. I reported this issue when I was on ADM2.6 + Virtualbox 4.3.36...

iperf3 results are around 800-900Mbps in one direction (acceptable), but sadly around 200-300Mbps in the reverse direction. :?

Anyone else have this problem? I've got an AS5104T.


Please precise the network you use in the VM (mode + adapter choice)

Philippe.
AS5202T /AS5002T / AS202TE / AS1002T
My Blog specific to my APKG : https://blog.father-mande.ovh/
User avatar
father.mande
 
Posts: 1181
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:55 am

Re: Virtualbox 5.x?

Postby bimbo » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:26 pm

nero78 wrote:
Can't find "Install Guest Additions" in settings.


I also search and didnt find it and then i look over HDMI output on TV and there you can see it under "settings"
Asustor AS6204T, 16GB Ram, 4x 6TB HGST Deskstar NAS, ADM 3.0.4.RCQ1
bimbo
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:19 am

Re: Virtualbox 5.x?

Postby leodd » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:48 am

Here. :D

On phpvirtualbox web -> start your VM -> Settings -> Install Guest Additions...
You can find the VirtualBox Guest Additions image mount on your VM CD drive.
Click the VBoxWindowsAdditions.exe file on your VM CD drive.
Attachments
virtualbox.png
virtualbox.png (68.33 KiB) Viewed 8986 times
leodd
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:08 pm

Re: Virtualbox 5.x?

Postby nero78 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:29 pm

leodd wrote:Here. :D

On phpvirtualbox web -> start your VM -> Settings -> Install Guest Additions...
You can find the VirtualBox Guest Additions image mount on your VM CD drive.
Click the VBoxWindowsAdditions.exe file on your VM CD drive.


Thanks! I didn't know there was a new options there when the VM's started.

But how do I install for instance Windows 10 with proper mouse support? I can't install guest additions before AFTER installation. I attached a image of my problem.
Attachments
20170313_092039.jpg
20170313_092039.jpg (123.09 KiB) Viewed 8980 times
nero78
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:01 pm

Next

Return to VirtualBox

  • You cannot post new topics in this forum
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot post attachments in this forum
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron