[Official] qBittorrent (Bittorrent Client)

The qBittorrent project aims to provide a Free Software alternative to µtorrent. Additionally, qBittorrent runs and provides the same features on all major platforms (Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD).
mafredri
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: [Official] qBittorrent (Bittorrent Client)

Post by mafredri »

I'm actually testing 3.3.4 on my NAS now, got it compiled with a newer gcc version, and as soon as I get the arm version compiled I'll do a new release. Or, if it proves problematic I might start doing separate releases for the platforms. Sorry for the long wait!

Also, I appreciate the beers offer, I'll consider it, but don't currently have anything set up :).
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
Storage: AS-604T with 3GB RAM (Kingston KVR1333D3S8S9/2G)
tomatopotato

Post by tomatopotato »

mafredri wrote:
lanimul wrote:Sorry, it's a fresh install. I've tried it months back but removed it. Don't think I ever changed the password. Installed it after upgrading to beta 2.5
Ok, that might explain it. Some users have had problems logging in after the last update, and currently qBittorrent does not remove the configuration when the app is deleted so it's not exactly a "fresh install" in that sense.

The following steps should resolve your issues:
  • Stop the qBittorrent app in App Central
  • Delete the /volume1/users/admin/.config/qBittorrent directory
  • Start the app
Hope it helps!
Hmm... I'm unable to locate that folder/file. Is it perhaps a hidden?
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

tomatopotato wrote:Hmm... I'm unable to locate that folder/file. Is it perhaps a hidden?
In more recent versions of ADM this path has been changed to:

/home/admin/.config/qBittorrent

ASUSTOR changed the path to the user home-folders.

(PS. It is also accessible from /volume1/home/admin/.config/qBittorrent -- it's the same folder)
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
MichaelMillman

Post by MichaelMillman »

I'm having the same inability to log in using the default username and password combo.

I've tried deleting the app, fresh install, deleting the qBittorrent directory as suggested.

Still no joy. The WebUI accepts the UN and PW and then just blanks those fields and goes nowhere.

I'm really anxious to try it to see if it suits my needs better than any of the others.

The uTorrent release is nice, and unfortunately is banned by several important private trackers I use.

I'd really like to be able to install QuickBox and rTorrent if anyone knows if ports are being worked on.
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

MichaelMillman wrote:I'm having the same inability to log in using the default username and password combo.

I've tried deleting the app, fresh install, deleting the qBittorrent directory as suggested.
Did you stop the app before deleting the directory and then start it afterwards?
MichaelMillman wrote:Still no joy. The WebUI accepts the UN and PW and then just blanks those fields and goes nowhere.
That sounds weird, it should either say wrong password or log you in. Have you tried to use an alternative browser, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge?
MichaelMillman wrote:I'd really like to be able to install QuickBox and rTorrent if anyone knows if ports are being worked on.
I don't know about QuickBox, but I've ported rTorrent to Asustor, see this thread.
MichaelMillman

Post by MichaelMillman »

mafredri wrote:
MichaelMillman wrote:
I'm having the same inability to log in using the default username and password combo.

Did you stop the app before deleting the directory and then start it afterwards?
Yes, tried multiple combinations.
MichaelMillman wrote:
Still no joy. The WebUI accepts the UN and PW and then just blanks those fields and goes nowhere.

That sounds weird, it should either say wrong password or log you in. Have you tried to use an alternative browser, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge?
Bingo. Chrome Version 52.0.2743.116 m is NOT working. Firefox at least works. Haven't tried the others yet.
MichaelMillman wrote:
I'd really like to be able to install QuickBox and rTorrent if anyone knows if ports are being worked on.

I don't know about QuickBox, but I've ported rTorrent to Asustor, see this thread.
Thanks. That would be great, IF we could get the latest versions of rTorrent and ruTorrent working together and available. 8-)
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

MichaelMillman wrote:Bingo. Chrome Version 52.0.2743.116 m is NOT working. Firefox at least works. Haven't tried the others yet.
Ok, good that at least FF works. It could be that some plugin in Chrome is preventing it from working properly. Do you use any ad blocking, no script, etc?
MichaelMillman wrote:Thanks. That would be great, IF we could get the latest versions of rTorrent and ruTorrent working together and available. 8-)
That is actually the latest version of rTorrent, unfortunately I've not gotten around to attempting any ruTorrent integration. Maybe at some point in the future.
itdaboyz

Post by itdaboyz »

+1 for ruTorrent ;)
I think it's lighter than Deluge and still has a decent GUI.
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

itdaboyz wrote:+1 for ruTorrent ;)
I think it's lighter than Deluge and still has a decent GUI.
I'd like to keep this thread focused on qBittorrent, so let's keep rTorrent/ruTorrent discussions in this thread :D .
MichaelMillman

Post by MichaelMillman »

Since I've gotten qBittorrent to work and poked around on it a bit, there are three things that come up right away that either I am not able to find a way to do, or are not (yet?) implemented.

1. I'd like the option to add torrents in a Paused state (and can't seem to find how to do that).

2. I'd like to be able to rename the torrent file in the displayed list (often times an uploader does a crappy job of naming their torrents which makes them a mystery later).

3. I'd like a way to be able to redirect (point) the destination of a torrent at the torrent and file level (Advanced --> Set Download Location for the entire download, and Relocate at the individual file level in uTorrent, for example).

Are any of these very useful options being worked on or planned for implementation?

Return to “qBittorrent”