[Official] qBittorrent (Bittorrent Client)

The qBittorrent project aims to provide a Free Software alternative to µtorrent. Additionally, qBittorrent runs and provides the same features on all major platforms (Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD).

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

mafredri
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

[Official] qBittorrent (Bittorrent Client)

Post by mafredri »

UPDATE: It is now available in App Central

Hello again, just wanted to inform you guys that I've just finished porting the qBittorrent bittorrent client for ADM. It's a great and lightweight client!

You can read all about qBittorrent on the official homepage.

Grab it while it's hot: Download on GitHub

It's all about choice!
Cheers,
Mathias
Last edited by mafredri on Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
Storage: AS-604T with 3GB RAM (Kingston KVR1333D3S8S9/2G)
Bon3

Re: [Unofficial] qBittorrent (Bittorrent Client)

Post by Bon3 »

Hi Mafredri...

Im using ur Deluge apk. atm. do you prefer this one over Deluge?
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

Hi Bon3,

actually I'm not using qBittorrent myself at the moment. I prefer Deluge due to it's plugin support, configurability and ability to use a desktop client to connect to the daemon :).

But qBittorrent is definitely an excellent torrent client, good reputation, whitelisted on most trackers and very light on system resources.

My suggestion is try it out if you're interested and see which you like better. They both actually use libtorrent-rasterbar in the backend so as torrent-clients they are pretty equal.

Regards,
Mathias
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
zakspop

Post by zakspop »

With all these bitorrent clients, I don't know which to use sometimes. I am currently using transmission but don't know if I should try one of these others. Does anyone have an opinion on which they feel is best and why?
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

zakspop wrote:With all these bitorrent clients, I don't know which to use sometimes. I am currently using transmission but don't know if I should try one of these others. Does anyone have an opinion on which they feel is best and why?
Transmission is an excellent torrent client, although I've heard complaints about the one in the App Central doesn't work as intended with https (I cannot confirm this though). The web user-interface for Transmission leaves a bit to be desired though, to be perfectly honest, it sucks.

Deluge has the best user-interface and a lot can be configured through it (to configure many settings of Transmission you have to edit the config.json file).

qBittorrent also has a better interface compared to Transmission (in my opinion) and more things can be configured through the interface.

Also, if we're looking at resource consumption, qBittorrent might be the winner, but marginal at best. I have a lot of torrents in Deluge and it still consumes very little system resources.

I guess it just comes down to a matter of taste. If you keep asking others which is the best, you will receive many different answers. My recommendation is to try them out and see which you like best, it's not that hard :).

Regards,
Mathias
lanimul

Post by lanimul »

I'm unable to login to gui, with the credentials admin/adminadmin
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

lanimul wrote:I'm unable to login to gui, with the credentials admin/adminadmin
Could you provide a bit of additional details? Have you changed the default password? Have you ever been able to log in? How long have you had the app installed, e.g. have you installed an update to the app at any point?
lanimul

Re: [Official] qBittorrent (Bittorrent Client)

Post by lanimul »

mafredri wrote:
lanimul wrote:I'm unable to login to gui, with the credentials admin/adminadmin
Could you provide a bit of additional details? Have you changed the default password? Have you ever been able to log in? How long have you had the app installed, e.g. have you installed an update to the app at any point?
Sorry, it's a fresh install. I've tried it months back but removed it. Don't think I ever changed the password. Installed it after upgrading to beta 2.5

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

lanimul wrote:Sorry, it's a fresh install. I've tried it months back but removed it. Don't think I ever changed the password. Installed it after upgrading to beta 2.5
Ok, that might explain it. Some users have had problems logging in after the last update, and currently qBittorrent does not remove the configuration when the app is deleted so it's not exactly a "fresh install" in that sense.

The following steps should resolve your issues:
  • Stop the qBittorrent app in App Central
  • Delete the /volume1/users/admin/.config/qBittorrent directory
  • Start the app
Hope it helps!
lanimul

Post by lanimul »

That worked, except I also had to delete app aswell. Thanx

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Return to “qBittorrent”