(SOLVED)Cant access deluge - connection refused

Deluge is a full-featured ​BitTorrent client for Linux, OS X, Unix and Windows. It has been designed using the client server model with a daemon process that handles all the bittorrent activity. The Deluge daemon is able to run on headless machines with the user-interfaces being able to connect remotely from any platform.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

mafredri
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: Cant access deluge - connection refused

Post by mafredri »

gibxxi wrote:The update works mafredri, but it won't autostart on the new ADM 2.5 Beta. Just a heads-up. Need to stop and restart the service to get it to run.
Does this happen during a reboot as well, or just when you updated the app?
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
Storage: AS-604T with 3GB RAM (Kingston KVR1333D3S8S9/2G)
gibxxi

Post by gibxxi »

I tried a reboot yes. I'm not ruling out something my end at this point, since I factory defaulted this thing all manner of kooky behavior is happening, but a lot of that is down to the (now) broken Python app pushed by Asustor. Just to clarify, I installed your update on 2.5.0 Beta with no prior version of the addon having been installed since the factory default.

Will try again and see what happens. LooksGood wasn't starting either for a while, now it is. Still can't log in, but that's another issue.
___ GibsonXXI ___
"Si vis pacem para bellum!"

NAS1: Asustor AS5104T | NAS2: Infrant Repertoire U4 (Modified)
gibxxi

Post by gibxxi »

Definitely a problem with the add-on starting. Upon install it starts fine, but post-reboot on 2.5.0 Beta, nothing. Not using any SSL or anything like that yet. In fact the only change made to the config was changing the admin password. Waited a good 5 minutes before attempting to launch it, after the reboot.

Stopping the add-on via AppCenter and immediately restarting it, it starts straight away. I did notice in the Beta thread, it mentioned that downgrade back to 2.4.2 was not possible due to "file system changes". Is it possible that this is the cause? However Subsonic and NZBGet (the only other add-ons installed thus far) start without issue.

Is there a log I can check to see why it's failing to start?
___ GibsonXXI ___

mafredri

Post by mafredri »

gibxxi wrote:Definitely a problem with the add-on starting. Upon install it starts fine, but post-reboot on 2.5.0 Beta, nothing. Not using any SSL or anything like that yet. In fact the only change made to the config was changing the admin password. Waited a good 5 minutes before attempting to launch it, after the reboot.

Stopping the add-on via AppCenter and immediately restarting it, it starts straight away. I did notice in the Beta thread, it mentioned that downgrade back to 2.4.2 was not possible due to "file system changes". Is it possible that this is the cause? However Subsonic and NZBGet (the only other add-ons installed thus far) start without issue.
Thanks for testing, I will try to investigate soon.
gibxxi wrote:Is there a log I can check to see why it's failing to start?
There are logs available but they only contain information from the deluge executables, if an error happens before this stage, it will not get logged:

Code: Select all

# ls -1 /volume1/home/admin/.config/deluge/*.log
/volume1/home/admin/.config/deluge/deluge-web.log
/volume1/home/admin/.config/deluge/deluged.log
However, the default loglevel is info, you can try increasing this to e.g. debug by modifying the relevant lines:

# grep info /usr/local/AppCentral/deluge/CONTROL/start-stop.sh 
DELUGED_LOGLEVEL=info
DELUGE_WEB_LOGLEVEL=info
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
gibxxi

Post by gibxxi »

Also having issues with blocklist download stalling and can't seem to connect via the desktop Deluge app even though remote connections are enabled. worked OK in the previous version. Something pretty strange going on with net connectivity since Asustor started messing with Python.

BTW: The deluged.log file is completely empty. Nothing, no info lines, no errors, nothing. Same goes for the webui log.
___ GibsonXXI ___

mafredri

Post by mafredri »

gibxxi wrote:Also having issues with blocklist download stalling and can't seem to connect via the desktop Deluge app even though remote connections are enabled. worked OK in the previous version. Something pretty strange going on with net connectivity since Asustor started messing with Python.

BTW: The deluged.log file is completely empty. Nothing, no info lines, no errors, nothing. Same goes for the webui log.
Looks like the extra --quiet flag is silencing the logging.

In start_daemon() {} there are two lines that begin

start-stop-daemon -S --quiet
This --quiet is correct, however, there is another --quiet on the following line(s). Try removing it and you should see log output.
gibxxi

Post by gibxxi »

here are the current contents of start-stop.sh:

start_daemon() {
    # Set umask to create files with world r/w
    umask 0

start-stop-daemon -S --quiet --pidfile "${DELUGED_PID}" --chuid "${CHUID}" \
		--user "${USER}" --exec "${DELUGED}" -- \
		--quiet --pidfile "${DELUGED_PID}" --config "${DELUGED_CONF}" \
		--logfile "${DELUGED_LOG}" --loglevel "${DELUGED_LOGLEVEL}"

start-stop-daemon -S --quiet --background --pidfile "${DELUGE_WEB_PID}" \
		--make-pidfile --chuid "${CHUID}" --user "${USER}" \
		--exec "${DELUGE_WEB}" -- \
		--quiet --config "${DELUGED_CONF}" --logfile "${DELUGE_WEB_LOG}" \
		--loglevel "${DELUGE_WEB_LOGLEVEL}"
}
So remove the "--quiet" switch from the second start statement ONLY?
___ GibsonXXI ___

gibxxi

Post by gibxxi »

Right. I took a chance and removed the "--quiet" statement for both the daemon (deluged) and the web-ui sections in start-stop.sh. I then rebooted the NAS which necessitated a manual stop/start of the addon as previously reported. I then checked the logs located at:

/volume1/home/admin/.config/deluge
Both the files (deluged.log and deluge-web.log) remain empty. File permissions for both are: 666. Folder permissions for the folder they reside in are: 7777. The folder / file structure has not been modified in any way by me. the deluge folder under admin is correctly deleted on an uninstall and correctly recreated on an install.
___ GibsonXXI ___

mafredri

Post by mafredri »

gibxxi wrote:Right. I took a chance and removed the "--quiet" statement for both the daemon (deluged) and the web-ui sections in start-stop.sh. I then rebooted the NAS which necessitated a manual stop/start of the addon as previously reported. I then checked the logs located at:

/volume1/home/admin/.config/deluge
Both the files (deluged.log and deluge-web.log) remain empty. File permissions for both are: 666. Folder permissions for the folder they reside in are: 7777. The folder / file structure has not been modified in any way by me. the deluge folder under admin is correctly deleted on an uninstall and correctly recreated on an install.
Logging works just fine for me when I remove the --quiet flag, this is what I was going for:

start-stop-daemon -S --quiet --pidfile "${DELUGED_PID}" --chuid "${CHUID}" \
		--pidfile "${DELUGED_PID}" --config "${DELUGED_CONF}" \

start-stop-daemon -S --quiet --background --pidfile "${DELUGE_WEB_PID}" \
		--config "${DELUGED_CONF}" --logfile "${DELUGE_WEB_LOG}" \
You can also try to run it manually (no log file specified, will output to terminal):

/usr/local/AppCentral/deluge/CONTROL/start-stop.sh stop

su - admin

/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/deluge/bin/python /usr/local/AppCentral/deluge/bin/deluged --loglevel info -d --pidfile /volume1/home/admin/.config/deluge/deluged.pid --config /volume1/home/admin/.config/deluge
gibxxi

Post by gibxxi »

Here's the modifications:

start_daemon() {
    # Set umask to create files with world r/w
    umask 0

start-stop-daemon -S --pidfile "${DELUGED_PID}" --chuid "${CHUID}" \
		--quiet --pidfile "${DELUGED_PID}" --config "${DELUGED_CONF}" \

start-stop-daemon -S --background --pidfile "${DELUGE_WEB_PID}" \
		--quiet --config "${DELUGED_CONF}" --logfile "${DELUGE_WEB_LOG}" \
}

The SU statement doesn't work. Complains that it must be an "suid" format.

Running the last command produces the following output:

[INFO    ] 17:03:39 configmanager:70 Setting config directory to: /volume1/home/admin/.config/deluge
[INFO    ] 17:03:41 daemon:124 Deluge daemon 1.3.11
[INFO    ] 17:03:41 configmanager:70 Setting config directory to: /volume1/home/admin/.config/deluge
[INFO    ] 17:03:41 core:80 Starting libtorrent 1.0.6.0 session..
[INFO    ] 17:03:41 rpcserver:367 Starting DelugeRPC server :58846
[WARNING ] 17:03:41 preferencesmanager:497 Unable to find GeoIP database file!
[INFO    ] 17:03:41 pluginmanagerbase:158 Plugin AutoAdd enabled..
[INFO    ] 17:03:41 pluginmanagerbase:158 Plugin Execute enabled..
[INFO    ] 17:03:42 pluginmanagerbase:158 Plugin Blocklist enabled..
[WARNING ] 17:03:42 core:113 EXTRACTOR: unrar not found, disabling support for .rar
[WARNING ] 17:03:42 core:113 EXTRACTOR: 7zr not found, disabling support for .7z
[INFO    ] 17:03:42 pluginmanagerbase:158 Plugin Extractor enabled..
[INFO    ] 17:03:42 core:97 *** Start Label plugin ***
[WARNING ] 17:03:42 config:361 Unable to open config file /volume1/home/admin/.config/deluge/label.conf: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/volume1/home/admin/.config/deluge/label.conf'
[INFO    ] 17:03:42 pluginmanagerbase:158 Plugin Label enabled..
[INFO    ] 17:03:42 pluginmanagerbase:158 Plugin Notifications enabled..
[WARNING ] 17:03:42 config:361 Unable to open config file /volume1/home/admin/.config/deluge/web_plugin.conf: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/volume1/home/admin/.config/deluge/web_plugin.conf'
[INFO    ] 17:03:42 pluginmanagerbase:158 Plugin WebUi enabled..
[INFO    ] 17:03:42 pluginmanagerbase:158 Plugin Scheduler enabled..
[WARNING ] 17:03:42 torrentmanager:650 Unable to update state file to a compatible version: list index out of range
[WARNING ] 17:03:42 torrentmanager:753 Unable to load fastresume file: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/volume1/home/admin/.config/deluge/state/torrents.fastresume'
The lines about missing config files are correct. These sections have not been configured yet, so config files will not have been written. Slightly confusing though is the one about the GeoIP database. That is set to app defaults. The GeoIP beta addon has been also installed, but that was also the case on the old setup and it worked fine. Also, why can't it find rar/7zr? I thought these packages were supplied by Asustor?

Dan/Gib.
___ GibsonXXI ___

Return to “Deluge”