Manually updating Deluge

Deluge is a full-featured ​BitTorrent client for Linux, OS X, Unix and Windows. It has been designed using the client server model with a daemon process that handles all the bittorrent activity. The Deluge daemon is able to run on headless machines with the user-interfaces being able to connect remotely from any platform.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

JeremyCreekit
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Manually updating Deluge

Post by JeremyCreekit »

I see that that Manfred (mafredri) stopped working with Asustor in 2018 and so the apps he worked on, including Deluge, are not formally maintained in ADM.

Could someone give this Linux newbie some instructions on how to manually update Deluge via the command line please? I see that the latest versions are here: https://github.com/deluge-torrent/deluge/releases

For example, I use this code to update Radarr manually. Can it be used for Deluge too? I saw somewhere that Docker was mentioned so I am thinking that it's more complicated?

Code: Select all

# Upgrading Radarr (EXAMPLE CODE)
cd /usr/local/AppCentral/radarr
./CONTROL/start-stop.sh stop
rm -r Radarr
wget https://github.com/Radarr/Radarr/releases/download/v0.2.0.1504/Radarr.develop.0.2.0.1504.linux.tar.gz | tar xzvf Radarr.develop.0.2.0.1504.linux.tar.gz
./CONTROL/start-stop.sh start
Thanks!
father.mande

Re: Manually updating Deluge

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

For your direct question ... I don't know

But if you want to get Deluge and to have easy update & upgrade, you can use Deluge App. provide by Entware APKG (2500+ packages install / update / upgrade and dependency through opkg tool)

Actual available version is (including Web-ui) ... last stable.

Code: Select all

# opkg list | grep deluge
deluge - 2.0.3-4 - BitTorrent client with a client/server model.
deluge-ui-web - 2.0.3-4 - a lightweight BitTorrent client (Web UI)
So after you have NOT to wait for an APKG update and manage it yourself
Linux administration level require : newbie (launch a terminal (ssh) and enter basic command ... ) for deluge it's your own responsibility ... auto start at boot is managed ...
Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T

Return to “Deluge”