Connection to NAS not secure / EZ Connect stopped working

danchees
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Connection to NAS not secure / EZ Connect stopped working

Post by danchees »

Well, good news just continues piling up for this crap product.

Anyway, I have noticed a few days ago that my connection to NAS is not identified as "secure" anymore. Chrome has that red "Not secure" sign in front of URL and Edge says something similar. Chrome is, of course, updated. Same thing happens if I type http://192.168.5.xx:8000 or https://192.168.5.xx:8001.

Needless to say, I did not change a single thing in NAS settings.
Settings > General > System , HTTPS is enabled.

Another, possibly related thing is that EZ Connect is not working anymore. The one where you type servername.ezconnect.to - leads to page where you are told unable to connect and lists reasons such as is NAS plugged in. Well, of course it is. Funny that this ezconnect.to page is also listed as "not secure. I can access it from mobile apps, such as AIMaster.

Tried on two PCs, one home, another at work. Went and disabled and reenabled the service. No luck.

Yes, I will open a support ticket, but one other ticket I have has so far produced nothing, with their support asking me to provide info already provided several steps before, so I am not holding my breath for any constructive help. Maybe someone had and fixed a similar issue?
danchees

Re: Connection to NAS not secure / EZ Connect stopped working

Post by danchees »

Hello, I have an update on this.

After dealing with my ISP, who was aslo kind enough to take me off the CGNAT (yeey), I still cannot access my NAS via EZConnect.

However, this issue bugs me, as I find impossible that ASUSTOR support can get to login screen and I cannot, there must be some kind of connectivity problem.

I found a website that fakes website access from locations around the world (there are many, but I used https://www.dotcom-tools.com/website-speed-test.aspx), and behold - any location in the world gets to login screen except anything from Europe - London, Frankfurt, Paris, Madrid - they all get the "Unable to connect screen".

I am really an amateur in web protocols, but perhaps ASUSTOR should look into this - there might be some filtering going on on EU level.

I will open a support ticket on this, but just putting this here if anyone else from EU could test his connection?

D.
danchees

Post by danchees »

And another update: from today morning, connectivity works again.
Also, the tool I used to test connectivity now shows EZConnect is accessible from EU countries.
It would be awesome if we could get a comment from ASUSTOR if this was an issue on their side, at least so I can stop hammering my ISP.
Marco@ASUSTOR

Post by Marco@ASUSTOR »

danchees wrote:And another update: from today morning, connectivity works again.
Also, the tool I used to test connectivity now shows EZConnect is accessible from EU countries.
It would be awesome if we could get a comment from ASUSTOR if this was an issue on their side, at least so I can stop hammering my ISP.
Hi! ASUSTOR is not aware of any issues except for a brief outage last night with our European relay servers. Everything on our end is working as normal and have not received feedback for European EzConnect.to services.
danchees

Post by danchees »

Ok, thank you for the quick reply. Must have been something with my ISP then.

Return to “[Official] For AS10XX Series”