NAS not visible on my network

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

haknuts
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

NAS not visible on my network

Post by haknuts »

I just got a New laptop With win 10, an are having issues With accessing the AS1002T-88E7 NAS on my network, SMB 1.0 is set , and I have gone through "everything" With no success. On my old W10 laptop everything is OK, and I am unable to identify any differences in the settings. Both run W10 64 bit. New PC have win10pro, old uses win10home My New laptop only show itself, while the old shows all PCs on the nw. I have also created a local user account and tried this aswell - no change.

I have Attached images that indicates the problem. Any syggestions from you guys?
Best, Haavar
Attachments
TP X280.JPG
TP X280.JPG (44.3 KiB) Viewed 5062 times
TP T520.JPG
TP T520.JPG (40.31 KiB) Viewed 5130 times
Last edited by haknuts on Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
haknuts

Re: NAS not visable on my network

Post by haknuts »

After days of troubleshooting, I mayhave found the issue. Endless tries to Connect to the NAS had added the PC to the NASs blocking list. After clearing this in the app, the NAS appared. However, so did the other PC on the nw, which makes no sense to me. Simultaniously as I did this, I also checked the router and the NAS for New FW, there was none. So, as we speak it Works - for how long I dont know, nor what did the trick :-(
Last edited by haknuts on Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
haknuts

Post by haknuts »

Update. Every time I tried to view the NAS with my MS UA, it added me to the Block list again. I then logged on my private UA (non MS), and viola - all good. Back to MS account - got blocked again. With Limited NW knowledge I suggest that when on MS account, Explorer somehow tries to Access the NAS With my MS credentials?
haknuts

Post by haknuts »

Im New in this forum, as are many that needs to relsove issues aftter adding New gear to their home nw.
No replies so far. - Is this a sleeping forum? Anw, I will finish Reporting how my quest ended up - and hope that future asustor users may benefit from my findings.

I followed up the idea that Windows, when logged onto a MS user account, by some reason uses my MS credentials when communicating With the NAS - thus the NAS add the IP to its blacklist. That is at least the result, whatewer windows does.

So - google helped me to check out Control panel - user accounts - administrate Windows credentials. I then added credentials for my NAS, and I no longer get banned/blocket - it Works.

I do however not know if this fix is a workaround or the actual solution. Normal users can not be expected to resolve such issues, this is not good,

Awaiting some kind of response - anyone out there?
Attachments
Skjermbilde.JPG
Skjermbilde.JPG (57.01 KiB) Viewed 5107 times
orion

Re: NAS not visible on my network

Post by orion »

The other solution which is my preference is to add your PC's IP address into white list in NAS (under ADM web -> Settings -> ADM Denfender).
haknuts

Re: NAS not visible on my network

Post by haknuts »

Thanx @orion, I will look into that :-)

Return to “[Official] For AS10XX Series”