Change shared folder location

sandro_rocha
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Change shared folder location

Post by sandro_rocha »

Good Morning. I have an AS1002T with a 4TB disk installed and configured as Volume 1. On this disk I created the shared folders "Movies" and "TV Shows" and installed Deluge, Sonarr, Radarr and Plex Server pointing to these folders. Now I acquired a second disk, installed it and set it to Volume 2. I want to change the location of the "Movies" folder from Volume 1 to Volume 2. I saw that I can do this in the properties of that folder. My questions are: if I change the folder to Volume 2 will the content be automatically moved or deleted? Will I have to make a copy before changing the folder location? What is the correct procedure to do this operation without losing the files?
orion

Re: Change shared folder location

Post by orion »

I just tried to change volume. It works! The content will move to the new volume automatically.

However I usually do the followings:
  • Edit "Movies" to change its name. For example, Movies-1
  • Create a new shared folder "Movies" (under volume-2).
  • Copy all files in "Movies-1" to "Movies". (You can use ADM's File Explorer.)
  • Remove shared folder "Movies-1". It should delete all of files under this shared folder.
sandro_rocha

Post by sandro_rocha »

I did the suggested procedures but I have a problem. I created the new folder, copied the files to it and removed the old folder. But the disk space has not changed. It seems to have something running in the background but I don't know what it is. The folder I removed had more than 1TB of files. I also tried to rename the new folder but an error Ref. 5401 appears.
Attachments
Sem título.png
Sem título.png (34.51 KiB) Viewed 4231 times
sandro_rocha

Post by sandro_rocha »

For some reason removing the shared folder from volume 1 did not free up disk space. Now I have more than 1 TB occupied and I don't know what to do. I looked for the folder by SSH but it was already empty. I deleted it anyway but it didn't work. I need a command, tool or procedure that forces the file system to free up that space.

ps: I was thinking of copying the files from disk 1 to disk 2 (volume 2), removing volume 1 and recreating it. Would it be possible to do this without losing volume 2? Losing settings and applications okay, I didn't want to lose files.
orion

Post by orion »

Did you enable "network recycle bin"? If yes, you should remove all of files under network recycle bin under that shared folder.

And, yes, you can delete volume-1 and re-create volume-1 under ADM. However it's a dangerous procedure (you cannot stop the process in the mean time). That should keep your volume-2 the same.

I'll recommend you to check network recycle bin first. If it does not solve it, you should send a support ticket to asustor. https://support.asustor.com/ They can check it remotely. Put re-creating volume-1 as the third option.
sandro_rocha

Post by sandro_rocha »

Recycle bin are deactivated.

Return to “[Official] For AS10XX Series”