How to disable system notification of volume space

kababoom
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

How to disable system notification of volume space

Post by kababoom »

Hi i am using ADM 4.2.0.RE71 is there a way to disable notification of volume space?
Nazar78

Re: How to disable system notification of volume space

Post by Nazar78 »

I assume you're referring to the visual notification?
The remaining capacity in Volume # is about to be exhausted. This may affect system performance.
There's no official way to disable this. Unofficially you'll need to modify the system via the terminal which can affect the warranty.

There's two types, one is the exhaust warning above 90% usage. The other is the exhaust limit above 95% usage. I've not reached the 95% threshold, just 92% at the moment, so I'm unsure if there'll be a notified alerts. If you really do know what you're doing by wanting to disable these, then run below in the SSH terminal and refresh your browser (CTRL + F5/refresh).

Disable (run only once else you'll lose the backup which you'll have to reboot):

Code: Select all

sudo sed -ri.bak 's/b>AS.ARC.volume.EXHAUSTED.(WARNING|LIMIT)//g' /usr/builtin/webman/portal/build/launcherBuild.js
Restore (replace with the backup file then remove it manually from the crontab):

sudo mv /usr/builtin/webman/portal/build/launcherBuild.js.bak /usr/builtin/webman/portal/build/launcherBuild.js
Edited, to ensure it survives at reboot, add it to the crontab, run:

sudo crontab -e
At the end of the line, append below (Google how to use vi if you're not familiar):

@reboot sed -ri.bak 's/b>AS.ARC.volume.EXHAUSTED.(WARNING|LIMIT)//g' /usr/builtin/webman/portal/build/launcherBuild.js
Last edited by Nazar78 on Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
kababoom

Post by kababoom »

Thanks for sharing i have reached 99.9% threshold what is the difference between "exhaust warning" and "exhaust limit" as i am running multiple disk at the moment by running this command it will disable notification on all the volumes?
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

what is the difference between "exhaust warning" and "exhaust limit"
As mentioned earlier, there's two types, one is the exhaust warning above 90% usage. The other is the exhaust limit above 95% usage which you've already way past at 99.9% (frankly dangerous unless you know what you're doing).
running this command it will disable notification on all the volumes?
Running this command will only disable the visual notifications on the ADM web portal -> Storage Manager -> Overview/Volume and the top right hand widget monitor. Refer screenshot below, by right at above 90% usage for Volume 2 I should see some orange warnings. But after running the command, then clearing my browser's cache, it's now showing everything is normal, nothing fancy just hiding the warning visuals:

I've not noticed yet if there's any other notifications such as push or emails being sent, not even on the Android mobile app. TBH, I'll just ignore the visual warnings. In fact I actually went further by running scheduled custom scripts to send emails for all my storage devices if any of the volumes triggers a specific threshold:

Edited: I forgot to add that these changes won't survive at reboot, so you'll have to ensure it does. Refer to my previous edited post.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response

Return to “[Official] For AS10XX Series”