Can I move a discs to another bay position?

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

tajvdz
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Can I move a discs to another bay position?

Post by tajvdz »

I had 3 discs in my AS1004T. Volume 1 is 8tb and I want to keep that one. Volumes 2 and 3 are 2tb and 3tb and I want to replace them with a new 10tb disc. I put the new disc in position 4 and now I am copying the files from discs 2 and 3 to the new one. When I'm finished can I just take disc 2 and 3 out? And is it possible to move the new disc from position 4 to 2? I hope someone can help me.

I posted a question like this before but for some reason it is gone.
Nazar78

Re: Can I move a discs to another bay position?

Post by Nazar78 »

Yes, the OS recognize the disk by its UUID. So you can use any slots of the bay.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
tajvdz

Post by tajvdz »

Nazar78 wrote:Yes, the OS recognize the disk by its UUID. So you can use any slots of the bay.
Ok, so there is nothing more I have to do? Just move it to another slot? What about the shared folder? Is that moving from volume 4 to volumr 2 itself or what?
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

The volume # and shares will stay with the disk even if you were to move it to bay #1. So the new disk with volume #4 will still remain as volume #4 when you move it to the bay #2. I would recommend though that after you're done, remove the volumes # 2 and 3 from the storage manager or I believe it will complain about missing volumes when they are physically removed. Note this could however potentially delete your data in volume #2 and #3, check first for any warnings as I haven't tried.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
tajvdz

Post by tajvdz »

Well my intention was to delete everything from volume #2 and #3 and delete the shares as well before I physically remove them. I'm copying the data from the discs to a new one that is volume 4 now. So I don't need #2 and #3 anymore.

Return to “[Official] For AS10XX Series”