Your connection is not private

mhalliday
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Your connection is not private

Post by mhalliday »

AS1004T ADM 4.0.5.RRS1

I get the attached error when trying to connect to my NAS via the IP address.

I am connecting through my internal network, so the laptop i am using is on the same network as the NAS.

I can connect through finder to the file shares, but cannot access the management console. Any ideas?

This only started happening over the past few week, prior to this I didnt have any issue?
Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 7.22.01 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 7.22.01 PM.png (108.62 KiB) Viewed 2491 times
Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 7.25.41 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 7.25.41 PM.png (89.97 KiB) Viewed 2491 times
sksbir

Re: Your connection is not private

Post by sksbir »

hello
this is a "security" strategy implemented on all modern browsers. You must have updated yours recently.
Certificate stored on the NAS is associated with an URL, and allows you to validate the identity associated with that URL. With a connection by IP address, the certificate is not valid.
In order to connect, you need to find a browser that still allows you to connect over the security of the certificate. Firefox perhaps. Otherwise, you can try to start your chrome browser with the option --ignore-certificate-errors, and lastly, you can connect with the URL. Your router is not stupid and the traffic between your NAS and your PC will not go to the internet, as the router will route the traffic from your local network to your local network. (That's why it's called a router).
mhalliday

Post by mhalliday »

Thanks @sksbir. I have tried many of your suggestions but still have the same error.

I haven't been able to find a browser that works (tried Safari, Chrome and Firefox). I have also changed the setting in Chrome to ignore certificate errors but still get the same errors. I'm not sure how to connect via the URL?
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

You might find a solution in one of these useful tips for your Chrome Mac https://stackoverflow.com/questions/588 ... e-on-macos
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
mhalliday

Post by mhalliday »

@Nazar78. You are amazing! found that i could proceed by using the following tip;

There's a secret passphrase built into the error page. Just make sure the page is selected (click anywhere on the screen), and just type thisisunsafe.
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

No problem, glad to share and it helped, credit goes to them. Just one of the things I stumbled upon not long ago albeit I'm not a Mac user but had web development background.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response

Return to “[Official] For AS10XX Series”