AS1002T for surveilance monitoring

coolmen777
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS1002T for surveilance monitoring

Post by coolmen777 »

Hello,

I recently bought the AS1002T with hopes to setting it up to use for filesharing/backup as well as Surveillance camera recording. So far I have 3 cameras with plans to have total of 4, all are connected to my POE switch. I was hoping to set up recording directly to NAS storage and be able to view the output (live recording) when needed on the monitor of some sort. In doing further research, I realized the AS10 series doesn't support local display, but I am not sure what that actually means. I see there is no HDMI out on the back, so what are my options? Are there workarounds like viewing on tablets or through network somehow? Also, will it record at max resolution of the camera (4MP) or only 1080p? Thank you and sorry for such basic questions.
orion

Re: AS1002T for surveilance monitoring

Post by orion »

That's right. Local display means display output from NAS directly (HDMI interface). I think you can view the recorded video on a PC (browser) or your phone (mobile App). As far as I know, you can set the recorded resolution as you desired (in case that there are no network bandwidth issues).
coolmen777

Post by coolmen777 »

Is there a way I can use a Raspberry PI3 or similar tool/mod to gain thiz access somehow? Seems like a big downside to me. I understand a need for market segmentation, but this seems like a core functionality intentionally removed to cripple the model.
orion

Post by orion »

I'm not sure if Raspberry PI3 can play this kind of files or not. It's definitely worth to have a try if you got this device on hand (you should install certain media server in NAS, for example, Plex, minDLNA, uPnP Media Server...).
If you need HDMI output, you should select other models, for example AS3102. Mine is AS-304T which is very old. ;)
coolmen777

Post by coolmen777 »

Thanks for the explanation and suggestion. My idea with Raspberry PI 3 was not to record using it, but try to monitor the live recording from the NAS. I am very new to all of this so not even sure if it would be possible. Maybe I should just stick with NVR for now and save the NAS for backup and media.

Return to “[Official] For AS10XX Series”