Restore Asustor ADM

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

docendt
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Restore Asustor ADM

Post by docendt »

Hello!
Tell me, is it possible to restore the operating system ADM, accidentally removed from a disk installed in the NAS (the reset button was pressed to the factory settings)?
Was found the folders 'root' and 'Metafiles' on this disk.
In the folder 'root' there are files of type initramfs (1 files), $InodeIndx.xxxxxxx (8), zImage, builtin.tgz, etc.
In the folder 'Metafiles' - contains files of type $FsReserved (1 file) and several files $ReservedGDT.xxxx.bin, $INodeTable.xxxx.bin and $SuperBlock.xxxx.bin (all files in this folder are not deleted).
AS1002T
orion

Re: Restore Asustor ADM

Post by orion »

Not sure if you can go to ADM web page or not. Anyway, you can try:
  • Turn NAS off. Remove all of HDDs from NAS.
  • Turn NAS on. You should see a installation wizard web page. Then, insert all of HDDs back to NAS.
  • Follow the installation wizard to install NAS.
  • After completed, put NAS cover back.
docendt

Post by docendt »

orion wrote:Not sure if you can go to ADM web page or not. Anyway, you can try:
[*] Follow the installation wizard to install NAS.
../
With this method, a message appears that all existing files on the HDD will be deleted. However, I need to leave the files on the HDD. That is my question in the following: is it possible to restore ADM on a disk by saving existing files?
Can you advise any utility to restore the operating system to disk?
AS1002T
orion

Post by orion »

Yes, this action is critical. It will delete all of your data.

Ok, I think you mean ADM upgrade. You can find ADM upgrade image file and upgrade it manually (ADM web -> Settings). If your ADM version is the latest one (you can download the latest one from asustor web site), you might need to send a support request to asustor to get the older version. https://support.asustor.com/
docendt

Post by docendt »

orion wrote:...Ok, I think you mean ADM upgrade. You can find ADM upgrade image file and upgrade it manually (ADM web -> Settings)...
The current version of ADM installed on my NAS is 2.7.0.RF72. It differs from the version from the official site - 2.7.1.RFT5.
During the update, the following message appeared (see the photo below):
But after the update, the initialization procedure was started (see the photo below):
During the initialization process, will all files be deleted?
AS1002T
orion

Post by orion »

Those pictures show that your NAS ADM is not working correctly.

Do you install the NAS first time? Do you try to keep original contents on an old HDD and setup ADM? If your answers are yes, that won't work. This NAS does support this function.

If it's not the case, you setup NAS correctly before. Did you put all of HDDs back to NAS correctly, then boot up? If the answer is yes, that means you damaged ADM. I think you'll need to contact to asustor support to check how to recover it.

You can upgrade ADM only if your original ADM is working fine. In this case, as I mentioned before, you can go to ADM web -> Settings to upgrade it.
docendt

Post by docendt »

orion wrote:...Do you install the NAS first time? Do you try to keep original contents on an old HDD and setup ADM? If your answers are yes, that won't work. This NAS does support this function.
No, not the first time. My NAS was purchased about six months ago. All this time he worked correctly. However, after an accidental reset to the factory settings, the NAS began to require an initialization procedure. The files that were saved on this NAS, as I understand it, have not been deleted, but the NAS server does not start, and I can not access these files.
orion wrote:If it's not the case, you setup NAS correctly before. Did you put all of HDDs back to NAS correctly, then boot up? If the answer is yes, that means you damaged ADM. I think you'll need to contact to asustor support to check how to recover it.
Yes, I put all of HDDs back to NAS correctly. Tell me how to contact asustor support to find out how to recover it?
AS1002T
orion

Post by orion »

Ok, you did factory reset under ADM. That's the reason.

You can send a support ticket through: https://support.asustor.com/
docendt

Post by docendt »

orion wrote:...You can send a support ticket through: https://support.asustor.com/
Thank you for your help.
AS1002T

Return to “[Official] For AS10XX Series”