Port Forwarding with EZ Connect?

IPhantom
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Port Forwarding with EZ Connect?

Post by IPhantom »

Hi,

i have the problem of not getting port forwarding to work. Here is the setup:

- fibre modem port forwarding to my router (192.168.1.2, 8000/8001, TCP/UDP)
- router port forwarding to my NAS (192.168.2.200, 8000/8001, TCP/UDP)
- NAS EZ-Connect service enabled (Internet Passthrough: active)
- NAS DDNS service via myasustor.com: Success

myasustor.com won't find my NAS. What am i missing?
sksbir

Re: Port Forwarding with EZ Connect?

Post by sksbir »

Hi
did you add the IP of your router ( the lan side.. maybe 192.168.2.1 ? ) in trusted list of adm defender ?
did you enable white list ?
of course, firewall basic policy is "accept all" ?

You must check connectivity to your NAS from outside, eg with a smartphone connected to 3G or 4G : some routers have an option to forbid loopback on the local network from the local network.
IPhantom

Post by IPhantom »

Thanks for that.
I didn't do it initially, but now i did in that order.
Of course it was the firewall :oops:
How could they fail to mention those steps in the tutorial, better yet how could i not think of it.

I am now able to ping it on myasustor.com.
Yet, i get an connection refused error when trying to access from the same network (loop back?). With a proxy it seemed i get a response at least and was instantly blocked. With my cell i get a time out. I give it a shot tomorrow from outside my LAN.

Shockingly i have an IP-cam in the same network which worked plug & play without any opened ports! :o
sksbir

Post by sksbir »

IPhantom wrote:...Yet, i get an connection refused error when trying to access from the same network (loop back?).
You must add your whole local network in your trusted list + white list ( if any ) and not only your router.
Try to add the wan IP address ( 192.168.1.2 I think ) of your nearest router in the same list. (So I did at home, but I don't remember why ).
IPhantom wrote:Shockingly i have an IP-cam in the same network which worked plug & play without any opened ports! :o
probably because You IP cam connects to a third-party server on the internet, and that's what your smartphone application does, too.
It's the same while using teamviewer
IPhantom

Post by IPhantom »

I tried it at work today and i get the "blocked" message (either too many log-in attempts or no permission). So i think it is passing through ok, just the NAS doesn't accept the connection.
The black list and auto-blacklist do not show anything. Is it possible that there is a proxy detection with an insta-ban?

However, i have added the whole range of 192.168.1.x and 192.168.2.x to white list and trusted list. Didn't solve it either.
sksbir

Post by sksbir »

well, may you repoint the symptoms?
- give a try from inside you Lan, with URL( https://myurl:8000 ) .. and with the internal IP of your NAS ( eg : https://192.168.2.200:8000 )

- Are you sure the user you try with is active ?
IPhantom

Post by IPhantom »

Within my network the myasustor address won't load. Outside it says im blocked.
The IP works of course within the same network.
What do you mean by "active user"?
sksbir

Post by sksbir »

IPhantom wrote:Within my network the myasustor address won't load....
This is due to your routers : there is often an option to allow internal IP to be remapped to internal network. You must check this option. ==> https://superuser.com/questions/260014/ ... -public-ip

- "ADM defender" --> "Firewall" tab , "basic settings" ==> what did you choose here ? "allow" or "deny" ? Of course, the default choice is "allow", because with "deny", you have to add all IP that are allowed in the bottom list... all PUBLIC IP, and not only the ones from your local network.

- "ADM defender" --> "network defender" tab ==> white list : did you input records here ? that means you activate the white list... then, did you add ALL the public address you connect from ?.. ==> go to "app central", add this software "geo ip database" , return to "network defender"/"white list", add your country in white list.

users in NAS can be either active or inactive. but this is a second point. you must first get welcome page.
IPhantom

Post by IPhantom »

Here's all my settings

https://imgur.com/a/p55V5ZU
sksbir

Post by sksbir »

I' don't use ezconnect, so I cannot predict if it is working while your nas is behind 2 routers.

On my nas ( behind 2 routers, like yours ) :
EZ-Router: Inactive
Internet Passthrough: Inactive

having Internet Passthrough activated may mismatch with manual routing settings.
When you connect from outside, do you use ezconnect or your URL provided by DDNS ?

I don't see any configuration problems. What do you see in the logs when you are rejected in your login attempts from outside?

Return to “[Official] For AS31XX/ AS32XX Series”