Initial configuration

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

cjm51213
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Initial configuration

Post by cjm51213 »

Hi Folks,

I have a AS3204T v2 correctly installed and sitting on my LAN. I have four disks in it. I can monitor and change configuration with "http://...:8000".

During the opening dialog, I initialized the disk array as JBOD (Just a Bunch of Disks), which I expected to expose each disk individually, but apparently they are all bound together under LVM, and I have a single volume, where I expected four filesystems.
  • How do I initialize my NAS to serve four individual disks as four individual filesystems? Failing that, how do I partition the volume, so I can prevent one class of storage from consuming the entity of the volume?
  • How to I name and "share" the storage so I can mount it remotely?
Thanks for the help,

Chris.
cjm51213

Re: Initial configuration

Post by cjm51213 »

Hi Folks,

I have learned that JBOD is not what I want. I deleted that volume and I have successfully created four "single" volumes, one on each disk. That answers question one. Now, how do I export these filesystems so they are visible to clients?

Thanks for the help,

Chris.
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

Simply create separate shared folders on each volume from the ADM Access Control. Then enable the services you want to expose to the clients e.g. CIFS/NFS/AFP.

The question is do you really want to leave out redundancy (usually the main reason of getting a multi bay NAS) and use single disks?
so I can prevent one class of storage from consuming the entity of the volume?
If this is the reason you can always use quota management.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
cjm51213

Post by cjm51213 »

Hi Nazar,

Thanks for the help. You have answered my question.

You pose some excellent questions.
The question is do you really want to leave out redundancy (usually the main reason of getting a multi bay NAS) and use single disks?
Two of the disks are for backups, so they are already redundant by definition.

so I can prevent one class of storage from consuming the entity of the volume?
If this is the reason you can always use quota management.
In this case, the same user is doing all the backups, so putting quotas on that user will restrict storage for backups, without allowing me to configure which backups can consume how much.

Thanks for your help,

Chris.

Return to “[Official] For AS31XX/ AS32XX Series”