AS3104 - Shutdown takes forever

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

restlessmindless
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS3104 - Shutdown takes forever

Post by restlessmindless »

It is a very fresh install with 2 ironwolf in Raid1. Everything works fine, but when I try to shut down it starts to shutdown but never finishes it. I can even log in after a few hours and the system will show the same screen saying the system is shutting down. What's is wrong? Any ideas?
ilike2burnthing

Re: AS3104 - Shutdown takes forever

Post by ilike2burnthing »

Anything in logs, Disk Doctor, IronWolf Health Management, System Information, or Dr Asustor?

Tried a pin reset?
restlessmindless

Post by restlessmindless »

Burnthing, are there more detailed ways to obtain logs? The one in system information is useless as it doesn't offer anything.

Pin reset if for admin password only right? Why would it change anything?
Tks!
ilike2burnthing

Post by ilike2burnthing »

Why yes there is! I was just discussing this with another user yesterday:

Code: Select all

ADM > System Information > Dr Asustor > Export Health Record
Unfortunately, Asustor, in all their wisdom, decided it would be best to password protect the zip file with a password only they know...
Feel free to have a crack it, but it's not your MyAsustor ID, password, email, model number, any obvious passwords, or any combination of 1-3 common characters (yes, I tried to brute-force it).

Sorry, rant over. The root /tmp folder has a very small amount of extra information, and I'm sure there's more elsewhere, but I couldn't find it.
I take it none of the other sources of info I suggested provided anything useful?

The reset pin does a few things:
  • - The system administrator account (admin) password will be reset back to “admin”.
    - The system HTTP and HTTPS ports will be reset back to 8000 and 8001 respectively.
    - The system will revert to automatically obtaining an IP address. You can then use ASUSTOR Control Center to search for your NAS.
    - ADM Defender will be reset and will allow all connections.
But yes, none of those would likely do anything to help here. Apologies, I had assumed holding it in for longer would have forced at least a partial reset/restore.

Have you tried Factory Default?

You could also try a full power cycle as described here in point 4 - https://support.asustor.com/index.php?/ ... -to-my-nas
orion

Post by orion »

restlessmindless wrote:It is a very fresh install with 2 ironwolf in Raid1. Everything works fine, but when I try to shut down it starts to shutdown but never finishes it. I can even log in after a few hours and the system will show the same screen saying the system is shutting down. What's is wrong? Any ideas?
My AS-304T is just working fine. I think you should report it to asustor directly. https://support.asustor.com/

Return to “[Official] For AS31XX/ AS32XX Series”