How do I setup each drive as individual storage?

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

SmplTask
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

How do I setup each drive as individual storage?

Post by SmplTask »

I recently got an Asustor, first NAS I've purchased. I bought 4x 6TB Ironwolf Drives to us in the NAS.

I would like to setup the device so that all 4 drives are separate storage, that I then map as a network drive to the specific computers in the house.
Example; My wife has a iMac and Macbook, she would have access to 1 of the 6TB drives to store files on between her to computers. Same for myself, and the other 2 members of the house.

I thought I could use the JBOD, but the Asustor setup wants to combine 2 of the 4 drives into a a 12TB drive.

I then tried to use the "Single" option during setup; but it just put all the the ADM stuff (Home/Downloads/Web/etc) onto the first drive (volume 1) and now none of the other drives (volume 2,3,4) are accessible.

How can I just setup each drive as their own networked drive/volume?
orion

Re: How do I setup each drive as individual storage?

Post by orion »

You can simply create volume-2 on disk-2, volume-3 on disk-3... (under ADM web -> Storage Manager). Then, create 4 shared folders on each volume (under ADM web -> Access Control), for example: John drive, Sharon drive... Your computer should map a specific "NAS shared folder" as a drive.

Return to “[Official] For AS31XX/ AS32XX Series”