AS3104T - disks configuration

tomino
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS3104T - disks configuration

Post by tomino »

Hi,

I have question about disks/volumes configuration.
My current setup is 2x (4TB) HDDs in JBOD mode.
And now I`m thinking to buy additional disk (let say 8TB) and change disk volumes to RAID 1 (2x 4TB disks) + 8TB single drive/JBOD and mount RAID1 volume as a dir (name is not important now) in nas tree folder so I can decide which data I want to have protected on RAID volume.

Thanks
orion

Re: AS3104T - disks configuration

Post by orion »

JBOD mode cannot migrate to the other RAID configuration. You'll need to backup your data externally, then delete JBOD volume and create RAID-1 volume.
tomino

Post by tomino »

orion wrote:JBOD mode cannot migrate to the other RAID configuration. You'll need to backup your data externally, then delete JBOD volume and create RAID-1 volume.
yea, I know this, but thanks for reminding.
I want to know if I can mix "singledrive"/JBOD volume on 1xHDD with RAID1 from another 2HDDs (and this RAID volume can be mounted as special folder, so when I copy data to NAS i can decide if I want them protected or not)
orion

Post by orion »

What do you mean "mix"? You can actually create 2 volumes: one is JBOD/single mode and the other is RAID-1 mode. Of course, you can decide which volume you want to copy to/from.
tomino

Post by tomino »

OK thanks. This is what I want to know ;)
John K

Post by John K »

Hi, I've got two single disk volumes (I'm not currently worried about data protection)
Disk / Volume 1 is an 500gB SSD
Disk / Volume 2 is a 4tB HDD

Ultimately I want to map a W11 drive letter to Vol 1 and a different drive letter to Vol 2 and treat them as separate drives

I want to put my PLEX app and metadata libraries on Vol 1 (the SSD) to suppress the disk chatter
Then I want to put my media library onto Vol 2 (the HDD)

My stupid noob question is how to see each disk / volume separately in the ADM File Explorer?
All I see in the NAS root is ADM, External Drive and the Recycle bin
Where is each separate Volume?

I was expecting to see the root of each volume. Then I could map a different drive letter to each volume from W11 and install PLEX / copy back my media

Cheers
John K

Post by John K »

I seem to have answered my own question

If you create a Shared Folder, it gives you the option to select which volume to create the folder on

Return to “[Official] For AS31XX/ AS32XX Series”