User Home Folders Encryption

SuperNASman
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

User Home Folders Encryption

Post by SuperNASman »

Is there no way to encrypt the Home directory or user homes?

I find the Home folder feature useful so that each user can have a dedicated folder, but when I go to edit in the Access Control panel there is no ability to encrypt these folders, which means they are exposed. If this is the case it's a huge oversight and renders home folders useless for many users.
Marco@ASUSTOR

Re: User Home Folders Encryption

Post by Marco@ASUSTOR »

SuperNASman wrote:Is there no way to encrypt the Home directory or user homes?

I find the Home folder feature useful so that each user can have a dedicated folder, but when I go to edit in the Access Control panel there is no ability to encrypt these folders, which means they are exposed. If this is the case it's a huge oversight and renders home folders useless for many users.
Hi there! I've seen your question and I am currently working on getting an answer for you.
SuperNASman

Post by SuperNASman »

What did you find out?
Marco@ASUSTOR

Post by Marco@ASUSTOR »

SuperNASman wrote:What did you find out?
ADM cannot encrypt the home folder because a lot of apps may break if it is encrypted. Encryption may not always mount the folder and can take longer to mount the folder if it mounts automatically which can break the apps. Also, other apps may not have the proper credentials to access the home folder if it is encrypted. Unfortunately we cannot encrypt the home folder as of right now. Best thing is to create other shared folders with encryption at this time. Research is being put in to try to improve on this but I don't have any other solution right now. Your patience is appreciated!

Return to “[Official] For AS31XX/ AS32XX Series”