Wireless Mouse Not Working

redbhoy
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Wireless Mouse Not Working

Post by redbhoy »

Hi, enthusiastic amateur user of my AS3102T - enjoying it a lot - however, I've got a problem that's bamboozled me. I also sent a ticket to ASUSTOR, but haven't heard back from them, but given my searches on the site, that seems pretty common.

Anyway, my problem is as follows. I've used a wireless keyboard and mouse for the 9 months or so I've had my unit, but it actually stopped working the other day. The cursor is on the Portal screen, but doesn't move. The keyboard still works, and I tried another wireless keyboard/mouse combo from my PC, and had the same result - working keyboard, mouse cursor not moving. I also tried the keyboard/mouse I've used in my NAS in my PC, and they both worked fine.

I then tried the AiRemote app, and the touchpad for that didn't work either. The app finds the server, and I can use the direction pad, but the touchpad (while providing haptic feedback) doesn't move the cursor on the screen.

Naturally, mouse function is pretty important for easily accessing webpages, etc., so I'd really like to get it working again.

Does anyone have any ideas why this might be happening and how to fix it?

Cheers, and thanks for any help you can provide!
orion

Re: Wireless Mouse Not Working

Post by orion »

Sounds like xorg or something like problem. You can try to disable xorg and re-enable it again (under AppCentral).
redbhoy

Post by redbhoy »

orion wrote:Sounds like xorg or something like problem. You can try to disable xorg and re-enable it again (under AppCentral).
Hi, thanks for the suggestion - I tried that, but it didn't work. :(

Any other ideas? It's a strange one!
orion

Post by orion »

redbhoy wrote: Hi, thanks for the suggestion - I tried that, but it didn't work. :(

Any other ideas? It's a strange one!
Sounds indeed weird. Any changes in NAS between function was working and function failed? According to your description, it's not hardware issue, but more like a driver issue. If you are simply trying to get rid of this problem, you can try to reboot NAS (to recover driver internal state). Or keep the current state and wait for asustor support to find what's the problem.
redbhoy

Post by redbhoy »

Hi, do you mean a factory reset of the NAS? Also, how long does ASUSTOR usually take to get back to people?

Thanks! :-)
orion

Post by orion »

redbhoy wrote:Hi, do you mean a factory reset of the NAS?
I mean simply reboot, not factory reset.
redbhoy

Post by redbhoy »

Hi, I've rebooted a bunch of times, and no changes at all.

Thanks for your ideas with all of this! :)
redbhoy

Post by redbhoy »

50 years or so later, and finally a solution from ASUSTOR, and it was worth the wait. So if anyone ever encounters this problem, here's what you need to do. Orion was pretty much right - it involved both x.org and asustor portal - uninstall and reinstall both. That forces an uninstall of Kodi and a few other apps, but honestly, mouse functionality is pretty vital, so it's worth it.

Thanks again for your help Orion.

Return to “[Official] For AS31XX/ AS32XX Series”