Multitask in Asustor Portal

digitanium
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Multitask in Asustor Portal

Post by digitanium »

I've been trying to figure out how i can multitask in Asustor Portal. Typically on Windows, we would usually resize the windows, move them around, and switch between one another. On Asustor Portal, I am not able to resize any windows (Spotify/youtube/chrome). I have to exit each of this app and get back out to the asustor portal homescreen before I can launch a second app, hence losing the multitasking capability. Is there a workaround for this ?
MikeG.6.5

Re: Multitask in Asustor Portal

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

No. Not without using an app like Father.Mande's HX_Engine or HX_Desktop. These are apps that basically make a full blown user interface for the NAS.

There are some problems with it, though. For instance, I can't get access to all of the drives without a bit of cheating the system. (making a network connection to shares on the main NAS to access files, for instance.)

The AS Portal isn't written as a multi-tasking environment. It's like back in the old MS-DOS days, where one app has all of the screen time.

Without a major re-write of the OS and the AS Portal, to enable full (or partial) multi-tasking, this is not likely to change.
vitosx

Re: Multitask in Asustor Portal

Post by vitosx »

If you really need more capable interface, another bet would be to try Virtualbox Asustor Portal app.
Then you could install and use your operating system of choice, although I haven't tested yet how well these Asustor models can handle that having only 2GB of RAM.

Return to “[Official] For AS31XX/ AS32XX Series”