Creating a write-only folder

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

craignyfa
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Creating a write-only folder

Post by craignyfa »

Hey all,

I work at a film school and need to create a folder inside my NAS which students can drop their files into. I don't want them to be able to see into the folder (other student's work, etc), but I want them to be able to submit their work. Teachers will of course have full access to anything dropped in.

Is there a way to do this with ASUSTOR NAS systems? Their seems to be only 3 options in the file explorer: Deny Access, Read Only, Read/Write.

HELP!

Separate from that I have a problem where I can't update the OS. It downloads it but then when the popup appears telling me I won't be able to revert back I cannot click the OK button. I'm currently running 2.7.3.RI21

Thanks in advance
orion

Re: Creating a write-only folder

Post by orion »

You can create teachers that belong to "administrators" group. And enable "User Homes" share folder under ADM -> Access Control.

Create every account for each student. Ask student to put their "works" to"Home" shared folder.

I'm not sure what's the problem that you cannot upgrade NAS. I think you should send a support request to asustor to check it. https://support.asustor.com/

Return to “[Official] For AS61XX/62XX Series”