Not able disconnect ONLINE USER from ADM

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

mgcan
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Not able disconnect ONLINE USER from ADM

Post by mgcan »

Hi,

I am not able to disconnect online users from ADM version 3.0.5RDU1. All options are grey.

Thanks,
Attachments
Discconnect_online_user.png
Discconnect_online_user.png (55.96 KiB) Viewed 5220 times
orion

Re: Not able disconnect ONLINE USER from ADM

Post by orion »

I guess it's caused by the same user name. Not sure if it's a right behavior or not...
Sabertooth

Post by Sabertooth »

You can disconnect Users, NOT Administrator accounts (on http).

Added later: I set up Users (restrictive), PowerUsers (less restrictive) and Admins. I can block, disable or disconnect Users and PowerUsers.
Sabertooth
AS6204T (ADM 3.2.6.RPS2) with 3x HGST 6TB NAS in RAID5 and 1 HGST 6TB NAS MyArchive1
orion

Post by orion »

Sabertooth wrote:You can disconnect Users, NOT Administrator accounts (on http).

Added later: I set up Users (restrictive), PowerUsers (less restrictive) and Admins. I can block, disable or disconnect Users and PowerUsers.
And you cannot block / disable / disconnect yourselves (the current connection). I believe that's OP's problem.
Sabertooth

Post by Sabertooth »

orion wrote:And you cannot block / disable / disconnect yourselves (the current connection). I believe that's OP's problem.
I can disconnect my admin account from the SAMBA connection (OP's showing the SAMBA connection dialog) but not from the HTTP connection. So, I can disconnect myself. But he may be using the default Admin account (for everyone logging on?) which may have slightly different rules.
Disconnecting myself from SAMBA
Disconnecting myself from SAMBA
2018-05-15.png (39.44 KiB) Viewed 5110 times
Using the local group structure I recommended would work in this situation and be more secure and closer to best practices.
Sabertooth
AS6204T (ADM 3.2.6.RPS2) with 3x HGST 6TB NAS in RAID5 and 1 HGST 6TB NAS MyArchive1
orion

Post by orion »

You are right. I just tried the same condition. It seems that the latest version updates the behavior. :shock:

Return to “[Official] For AS61XX/62XX Series”