Mail Notifications and how they work?

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

savek
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Mail Notifications and how they work?

Post by savek »

Hi all,

is there any official documentation that explain how the Admin pannel > Notifications work more in depth? I need explanation based on what type of events an email notification is triggered? I couldnt find any documentation on that.

For example , I would like to be notified if my NAS loses a power and the UPS kicks in. Or be notified by mail once the NAS enteres into Shutdown mode.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks
Vladi
BR
MikeG.6.5

Re: Mail Notifications and how they work?

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Firstly I suggest you look here: https://www.asustor.com/en/online/Colle ... ?topic=201

This gives an over-view of the entire notification system, emphasizing PushBullet and PushOver. This is just to get you a bit more knowledgeable of what can be done, not the specifics of how to set up what you want...

Next I can offer this as further information: The notification setup is about the levels of the events. Things are rated by this and you can setup notifications based on these levels. Note, every event that has the same level as the events you wish to be notified about will be included in the notification! You can't refine the notifications any further than these base levels.

So, an event that means you are running on UPS power and not mains would likely fall under either "Warning" or "Critical" so all of the events that also fall under either of these categories would also generate an email. The "Info" category is the one that spams you the most.

HTH

Return to “[Official] For AS61XX/62XX Series”