No S3 mode, disk hibernation after upgrading to ADM 3.0.1R9J2

orion
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: No S3 mode, disk hibernation after upgrading to ADM 3.0.1R9J2

Post by orion »

lksteam wrote: When I am at home I will start the diagbostics again and post it here. Maybe someone has an idea because I don't.
Yes, it's better to post the information generated by diagnostic tool. We know only "everything was fine before updating ADM". That's too limited. You should run diagnostic tool, then close ADM web page. Wait certain mount of time (30 minutes depending on your settings). Keep NAS idle. Go to ADM web page again to get diagnostic result.
lksteam

Post by lksteam »

Hello,

I just want to inform that I have received a new NAS because the problem with the ADM upgrade and no S3 mode could not be solved by Asustor.
Now I have a replaced NAS with an older ADM version (2.6x) and everything is back to normal. Does someone has the latest 2.7.x ADM for the NAS. That veriosn was running on my old NAS before upgrading to 3.0.1.
I would like to upgrade the NAS to that 2.7.x version.

Best Regards
sksbir

Post by sksbir »

Hi lksteam
an other basic question : are you disks listed in compatibility list ? ( https://www.asustor.com/service/hd?id=hd )
lksteam

Post by lksteam »

Hi sksbir,

Yes they are listed and as I said I had no problems before.

However I received a new unit and everything back to normal but on the new unit is still ADM 2.6.x Version.
But to be honest I do not want to upgrade to the latest verions becuase of the experience I had the last time but I would like to upgrade it to the last 2.7 ADM but cannot find it.
orion

Post by orion »

lksteam wrote:Hi sksbir,

However I received a new unit and everything back to normal but on the new unit is still ADM 2.6.x Version.
But to be honest I do not want to upgrade to the latest verions becuase of the experience I had the last time but I would like to upgrade it to the last 2.7 ADM but cannot find it.
I did not save ADM 2.7 version either. But I think you can ask for asustor's support to get it.
Antonios

Post by Antonios »

lksteam wrote:Hi sksbir,

Mate, looks to me that you got the best possible fix for your problems, can't downgrade from ADM 3.x so they send a new NAS instead.

I mean, is this real efficiency or what?

I have to admit that in the past I have suggested a few times in here that Asustor should offer a firmware downgrade tool or procedure, but who am I to judge when they simply send a new NAS to the client.

As for the 2.7 ADM file for your specific model, maybe start a new topic asking for that file, or ask Asustor directly for it, although they should already have such older files in their download list, maybe in an archive section of it, just to help customers who may, over the years, have developed a specific preference for things that actually work.

Just my 2c.
bimbo

Post by bimbo »

I make the mistake and update to the last firmware and now s3 doesn't work. With version before 3.0.1R9J2 I never have problems.
Has anyone the version 3.0.0.R8N2
and can share it?

Edit: Found it but no downgrade possible :(
Asustor AS6204T, 16GB Ram, 4x 6TB HGST Deskstar NAS, ADM 3.0.4.RCQ1

Return to “[Official] For AS61XX/62XX Series”