Share and file system permissions not effective

Elix
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Share and file system permissions not effective

Post by Elix »

Dears,

I've joined my AS6204T to a Windows domain environment and checking some permission structures currently. Based on the official explanations, with enabled Windows ACLs for a specific share, both, share and file system permissions must be granted in order to gain access. Ok so far, that's similar to the Windows permission system. What I did to test:

- Create a new shared folder
- Set R/W permissions for local admin and a specific domain group
- Enable Windows ACLs for this share
- Take all file system permissions via File Explorer

From my understanding, not any user should have access to the share now. Am I right? But checking access to the share from a domain PC, still full access granted to all domain users :geek: Further testing: Set explicitely Deny / Full Access for my domain test user in the file system permissions should finally do it and lock out the test user. Checking access again: Still full access granted :ugeek: So as far as I can determine, share and file system permissions are not being combined properly. What do I miss here?

Thanks,
Elix
1.jpg
1.jpg (21.17 KiB) Viewed 3558 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (33.89 KiB) Viewed 3558 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (22.53 KiB) Viewed 3558 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (41.05 KiB) Viewed 3558 times
AS6204T
AS7008T
Kapitein Haak

Re: Share and file system permissions not effective

Post by Kapitein Haak »

Hello Elix,

It looks like you checked the share rights? What if you create a file in the share and then check the rights of the file, could you let us know the result?

Best regards,
Kapitein Haak.
"What would the world be like without Captain Hook?"
---
"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum" (A wise man doesn't piss into the wind), only in Amsterdam:
https://www.google.nl/maps/@52.36289,4. ... 312!8i6656

Return to “[Official] For AS61XX/62XX Series”