Slow/No access of some files via Wifi

Blumm Support
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Slow/No access of some files via Wifi

Post by Blumm Support »

Hello,

When the laptop is connected directly via LAN, the files can be viewed easily and fast, no issues at all. However, once the laptop is connected via Wifi, it takes several minutes for the files to be open, some files won't even open successfully, it will prompt access denied or will not open at all. The folder responds slowly too when opened.

2 laptops used to test it and both laptops acted the same when accessing the drive via Wifi but NO issues via LAN.

The settings looks fine as checked. However, I'm not sure if there are further things to checked?

Is there a way to solve this?

Thank You.
Last edited by Blumm Support on Mon May 29, 2017 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeG.6.5

Re: Slow/No access of some files via Wifi

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

This sounds to me like you have issues with your WiFi. Most routers have a function to scan for open/used channels and allow you to change the channels to reduce or eliminate any interference from outside sources.

These sources can be nearby WiFi radios (your neighbors?), microwave ovens, garage door openers, wireless mice/keyboards, etc.

After you run this scan, you can find a channel and then reconnect your laptop and try again.
sksbir

Post by sksbir »

like Mike, I think you have a problem with wifi : repeater are often a source of problems like this, in France, routers are often provided by ISP and wifi is awful on this "boxes"...

Try to create a share on one laptop, and access it from the second. I think you will get problems too, and this will show that NAS is not involved.
Blumm Support

Post by Blumm Support »

Hello,

Mike: done what you suggested and it is still the same.

sksbir: done this as well. It is fast and no issue to access folder from other laptop via Wi-Fi.
sksbir

Post by sksbir »

Blumm Support wrote:....sksbir: done this as well. It is fast and no issue to access folder from other laptop via Wi-Fi.
Ok
connect the PC which share the files to the LAN, and try again to access the files from the other PC still connected to wifi.

While trying to get files from NAS, try to change network protocol : samba, FTP.... same problem ?
If you are using smb shares from the begining ( service--> windows ) , try to check 'disable opportunistic locking'

Return to “[Official] For AS61XX/62XX Series”