how to use the shared folder structure.

spikey1973
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

how to use the shared folder structure.

Post by spikey1973 »

hey guys, still me newbee here.

just an advise question. in the root i standard find home, public and web folders (now also download) these folders are shared. but i find that a bit odd.
isn't there a way for me to login to root or something.
cause if i make my file structure in say home (all photo's, video's and documents) i can't get to them when i log into web or public.
also what would i place in public and web the. seems a bit useless (no doubt that they are not, just don't get it yet and want to learn to get it)
also.. public. well all folders are shared so.. kinda "public"

anyway. anyone who can explain what the thought is behind these folders and how to use what without trippling the data in there. i would appreciate it.

kind regards

Matthieu
orion

Re: how to use the shared folder structure.

Post by orion »

You should treat those shared folders as different storage spaces. That would be very clear. You should put your personal user data under home. And put some other data that you plan to share with someones, depends on your purposes. Public shared folder is just like the name, public to everyone by default.

There is a default shared folder for each application. I don't see a common rule for every application. For example, Download Center will put downloaded files onto "Download" shared folder. This application will create this shared folder when you installed it.

Return to “[Official] For AS61XX/62XX Series”