Login from 10.0.8.6 but home network not in that range.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

maxbraketorque
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Login from 10.0.8.6 but home network not in that range.

Post by maxbraketorque »

I was reviewing my AS-6102T connection log this evening when I noticed a quick login and logout (1 second connection time) from IP address 10.0.8.6 which is really odd because 10.x.x.x is a private IP address range, and my home network is not in the that address range. Anyone have any idea where this came from?
MikeG.6.5

Re: Login from 10.0.8.6 but home network not in that range.

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

It may have been someone using IP spoofing and they hacked into your NAs? I would suggest you change passwords at the very least.

Other than that, I have no idea, unless you are using any of the mobile apps, and they are on that IP range?
maxbraketorque

Post by maxbraketorque »

I also brought up the topic on the SNB forums and after some discussion, it appears it was me from an OpenVPN connection via my router. I didn't understand that the client address would appear as a 10.8.0.x address.
MDPlatts

Post by MDPlatts »

10.anything is not routeable via the internet - it is the private class-A network - so it only gets to you either on your local lan (you can add a 2nd network range to the nas so its on 2 subnets at the same time or it gets there via some internal routed network - e.g. the VPN in this case.

Return to “[Official] For AS61XX/62XX Series”