Default folders - help

novak80
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Default folders - help

Post by novak80 »

Hi, can someone explain to me regarding all the default folders, like "home" folder and "user homes" folder, etc. *out of sudden the "user homes" folder appear*

created 2 users, User A and User B but both are not in the "home" folders, they are appears in the "user homes" folder.
inside "user homes" folders:
-admin (folder)
-user A (folder)
-user B (folder)

and i cant mapped the "user homes" folder. they ask for credentials, where by i can access others folder with only 1 time credential entered.

Many thanks!!
orion

Re: Default folders - help

Post by orion »

"user homes" is a shared folder only for admin user to backup all of users' data. As I remembered, it's disabled by default. So you should enable it before.
novak80

Post by novak80 »

yes i can disable the "user homes" folder from the Access Control but why "home" folder is not visible under ADM file explorer?
orion

Post by orion »

I can view "home" folder under ADM file explorer without problems. I guess you disabled "Home" shared folder too (under Access Control -> Shared Folders -> Home).
novak80

Post by novak80 »

Under Access Control -> Shared Folders -> Home is enabled and i can see the folder but not in ADM file explorer.
orion

Post by orion »

Do you apply the latest ADM version? If it's the latest one, I have no ideas about it. You'd better to send a support request to asustor to check it. http://support.asustor.com/
novak80

Post by novak80 »

Yup, latest ADM. maybe i just gonna reset back to factory default since there is no data yet. still playing around how to set all the folders+access rights and mapping it to my PC. Thanks Orion :)

Return to “[Official] For AS61XX/62XX Series”