Adding exising RAID 0 array to storage manager

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

soultoyo
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Adding exising RAID 0 array to storage manager

Post by soultoyo »

Hello All,

I'm trying to migrate my exisiting RAID 0 array from my DLINK DNS320-L to the ASUSTOR as-6104t.

I have managed to detect the RAID array and mount it on the NAS box but I'm not able to manage the storage via the Web-UI and was wondering if there was a workaround where I could get the OS to detect the storage and make it accessable from the Web UI.
orion

Re: Adding exising RAID 0 array to storage manager

Post by orion »

I believe it's no ways for that. Each NAS vendor owns proprietary disk format and configuration format. I don't think they are compatible. I believe you still need temporary storages to do data transfer.
Last edited by orion on Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

There's no possibility that you are going to be able to get to the data by having the drives in your Asustor, I'm afraid. As Orion said, each manufacturer has their own proprietary formatting on the disks put in their systems. That way they can in some manner assure brand loyalty. Or think that they can'....

It's a marketing ploy, and not a lack of features.

It means you are going to have to put them back into the other NAS and copy the files over.
soultoyo

Post by soultoyo »

I Can access the data already inside the asustor, I'm able to mount the disks through the terminal, the issue is is that I'm unable to access the disks through the web UI so if worst came to worst I could manually configure the sharing options through terminal.
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Use terminal then to copy the data to the other drives, then you can break/make the raid within the Asustor Storage Manager and move the data back again.

I'm actually shocked you can get to it that way, but I guess it's not terribly surprising that the ADM wouldn't see it that way.
orion

Post by orion »

soultoyo wrote:I Can access the data already inside the asustor, I'm able to mount the disks through the terminal, the issue is is that I'm unable to access the disks through the web UI so if worst came to worst I could manually configure the sharing options through terminal.
Ha. Then, I should revise "no ways" to "hard ways". But, without web UI, it's really painful to assign access rights for some users. Good luck.
soultoyo

Post by soultoyo »

Thank you, I'll see what I can do and if I figure out something I will post an update :)

Return to “[Official] For AS61XX/62XX Series”