ASUSTOR AS608T ASUSTOR AS5304T
scottnzuk

Re: ADM 2.5.2.RCG2 - App Support?

Post by scottnzuk »

MacRoy wrote:Hi!

ADM 2.5.2.RCG2 has been released today.

Regards
MacRoy
 Updates PHP version from 5.3 to 5.6 (will this effect WordPress already installed)?
 Updates httpd (apache2) from 2.2.29 to 2.2.31 to address one security vulnerability (will this effect WordPress already installed)?
(CVE-2015-3183)
 Adds App Central installation wizard
 Supports DHCP Server
 Supports USB IP Printer mode (must work in conjunction with Windows ACC
2.1.0.12090)
 Upgrades built-in database from MySQL 5.5.20 to MariaDB 10 (Will this effect any software using the old MySQL? or is applications fully supported this?)

Sorry for the simple questions but is alot big changes and wonder if its been tested?
Telek

Re: ADM 2.5.2.RCG2

Post by Telek »

My AC-602T after the upgrade also will not start!!! I do not know what to do. How can I save the data? !!
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

scottnzuk wrote:
 _ PHP version from 5.3 to 5.6 (will this effect WordPress already installed)?
 _ httpd (apache2) from 2.2.29 to 2.2.31 to address one security vulnerability (will this effect WordPress already installed)?
(CVE-2015-3183)
 Adds App Central installation wizard
 Supports DHCP Server
 Supports USB IP Printer mode (must work in conjunction with Windows ACC
2.1.0.12090)
 Upgrades built-in database from MySQL 5.5.20 to MariaDB 10 (Will this effect any software using the old MySQL? or is applications fully supported this?)

Sorry for the simple questions but is alot big changes and wonder if its been tested?
Very likely this will affect the web sites you have installed, and the databases as well. I was able to log in to mySQLAdmin with the root logon, and didn't notice any major issues. I have only used it for setting up ownCloud, which also appears to be working correctly.

Also, I don't see where we can install a DHCP server. There's nothing in App Central or any of the services or settings that appear to support this. At least not on my 7004T.

And if past bugs in the ADM have been any indication it was tested in house, but probably not in the Real World. Expect some things working as before, but others to be broken and then repaired as people create tickets for the issues. Don't post the issues in the forums if you expect Asustor to take action. They seldom visit to take ownership of the problems people are having.
Niall

Post by Niall »

Telek wrote:My AC-602T after the upgrade also will not start!!! I do not know what to do. How can I save the data? !!
Its seems normal every upda-te it does that hanging in a loop. pull the power and put back in, problem solved.
Telek

Post by Telek »

Niall wrote: Its seems normal every upda-te it does that hanging in a loop. pull the power and put back in, problem solved.
Оff and on does not help. Do not upgrade until !!! I saved data revert back to the 2.5.1 firmware
When I upgrade to 2.5.2 again - NAS(AS-602T) - not boot.
Niall

Post by Niall »

Telek wrote:
Niall wrote: Its seems normal every upda-te it does that hanging in a loop. pull the power and put back in, problem solved.
Оff and on does not help. Do not upgrade until !!! I saved data revert back to the 2.5.1 firmware
When I upgrade to 2.5.2 again - NAS(AS-602T) - not boot.
Well thats the nature of how the soft and hardware works at this stage, until Asustor solved it. I have it every time i pull the power problem solved. Is it good no off course not, keep in mind you have to backup. Until they got things stable.

If it it not work for you than you have a problem that only they can solve. In my case i have to wait and backup evry day until they solve things. And i dont trust there machine until they make it stable.
Boboo

Post by Boboo »

MikeG.6.5 wrote: Also, I don't see where we can install a DHCP server. There's nothing in App Central or any of the services or settings that appear to support this. At least not on my 7004T.
Hi Mike. On my 5104T, i found it in Settings -> Network -> LAN -> TCP/IP : DHCP Server Settings button, next to Advanced Settings.
Asustor AS5104T 8Go ADM 4.0.4 // APC BE550G-FR // Logitech K400+ // Kodi "Matrix" 19 // LG 65SM8600 // Synology DS212j
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Boboo wrote:
MikeG.6.5 wrote: Also, I don't see where we can install a DHCP server. There's nothing in App Central or any of the services or settings that appear to support this. At least not on my 7004T.
Hi Mike. On my 5104T, i found it in Settings -> Network -> LAN -> TCP/IP : DHCP Server Settings button, next to Advanced Settings.
You are very right. It is indeed buried there. I guess I had expected this to be it's own app and not buried in some obscure settings someplace. It could be interesting to mess with this, setting up scopes higher than most home routers can handle. I wonder the memory usage this would use on the device.

As most people at home are running with some form of router that includes a DHCP server as part of it's capabilities, I'm not entirely sure the usefulness of this on a NAS. In a business situation, this does make some sense, if the network designer can use it.

It could be interesting to mess with, if someone has the time and energy to do so. If nothing else, to find if there are any limitations.

Return to “[Official] For AS61XX/62XX Series”