Unable to see Asustor EXT4 External USB Hard drive in ADM

mgcan
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Unable to see Asustor EXT4 External USB Hard drive in ADM

Post by mgcan »

Hi Guys,

I have AS-6204T with all disk full with 4TB in each bay with each as RAID level single . I purchased new 10TB hard disk in Bay 2. I put the old 4TB disk in USB enclosure and plugged in to AS-6204T to copy back the data to new 10TB Bay 2 disk. My NAS does not see the the USB Drive in ADM file explorer. Is there any way I can see this USB drive. Am I missing something here.

Is is possible to mount this Asustor EXT4 (USB Drive) back to AS-6204T using SSH?

Please guide me.
Last edited by mgcan on Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
father.mande

Re: Unable to see Asustor EXT4 External USB Hard drive in ADM

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

If as usual on NAS, your "old" disks are build for Raid, you must re-assemble (mdadm) the Raid partition (generally partition 4 for the data) even reduce to one disk in Raid1, after that you will be able to mount the /dev/mdX (name provide when assemble is done).
Not sure you can do it through file manager (I don't use it), and basic Linux tools can help you to win time for copy back.

If you have some doubt, don't hesitate to call the Asustor support to help you.

Attention be sure (for external) it's ext4 and not Btrfs as new install (because using brtfs is a little more tricky and need generally to use btrfs tool)
Also check bad blocks and why not check the file system (in case) not mandatory but better (my own point of view)

Philippe.
NB a more easy and secure way to change disk (increase size) is to use the normal migration tool, even longer but without external hands on ... normally "storage manager" is able to manage increasing disk size ...
https://www.asustor.com/online/College_topic?topic=352
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T

Return to “[Official] For AS61XX/62XX Series”