SOLVED-> Not able to eject/remount myArchives anymore ?!

Hard-Boiled
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

SOLVED-> Not able to eject/remount myArchives anymore ?!

Post by Hard-Boiled »

Hi,
my configuration :

AS6210T , 8 GB RAM, 10 disks
ADM 3.0.3.RAI4 (no need up to now to upgrade)

Drives 1-8 -> Volume1, Raid6 with 8 drives (4 TB each)
Drive 9 : myArchive1, 6TB, EXT4(encrypted), automount = no
Drive 10: myArchive2, 6TB, EXT4(encrypted), automount = yes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what happened...Up to now i used myArchive1 as BackUp and copied data from Volume 1 to myArch as needed/if changed.

Some days ago i decided to remove myArchive1 disk to bring those to a friend, so I used "Storage Manager" to eject the drive and
removed the hard disk. This worked without problems.

When i was back from the friend i put the the myArchive-disk in again into the same slot as it was previously. Since i didn't need the
data i was not looking at this at this time.

Todays i wanted to backup some data again, and, since myArchive1 has "automount=no" i used Storage-Manager, to mount, and i accepted with "Apply", when the "Confirmation window" with "Are you sure you want to remount myArchive ?" appeared.

That's it, the disk is NOT MOUNTED, the confirmation window is there forever..... ?! To get rid of it, i have to close the Storage-Mgr.

Ok, since myArchive2 has "automount=yes", i tried to use "Eject" on that other drive. So, the confirmation screeen says "This will disconnect...etc..", after pressing "Apply" i do have the SAME situation as with myArchive1.

The confirmation screens stays and Nothing happens (no MOUNT, no EJECT) ?!

So, i'm not able to MOUNT or EJECT myArchive drives anymore.

all ideas welcome !

PS: i restarted the NAS without success
when using SMART-info, myArchive2 (automount=yes) has status good , disk-status = good
when using SMART-info, myArchive1 (automount=no) has status inactive, disk status = good
Hard-Boiled

Re: SOLVED-> Not able to eject/remount myArchives anymore ?!

Post by Hard-Boiled »

ok, how stupid ;-(

problem had nothing to do with Asustor. I was using "Storage-Mgr" from a FireFox window, and when i used "Storage-Mgr" with an other browser, it worked. Seems, problem was security-setup in FireFox, so the Browser was not able to recognize/process the window-buttons within the confirmation-window. Oh boy ;-(

Return to “[Official] For AS61XX/62XX Series”