no connection to dyndns

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

DrMartinus
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

no connection to dyndns

Post by DrMartinus »

Hi,
I have an Asustor AS6104T and have, for a long time, used twodns.de as DynDNS. For several weeks now, this doesn't work any more. The ADM tells me that there is either an error with the password, or username, or URL. I have checked these items many times, re-entered them, restarted the NAS several times, it just doesn't work. The ADM version is 4.0.1.ROG1, the BIOS version 2.23. I wonder if something has changed with a recent upgrade? I contacted twodns and they tell me that at their end, nothing has changed. I can access my entry there with no problems, and strangely enough, there it shows the same IP address I see in the ADM. But at twodns it says that it wasn't updated for several weeks, so I guss the IP address is not the actual one, but the one that was last used when a connection was established.
I have no idea what else I can do to fix this. I want to avoid to change the URL, because several people connected to the machine using that URL, and it's a bit of a hassle to change all connections made over that URL. Maybe someone here has an idea what could be done?
Asustor AS6104T
DrMartinus

Re: no connection to dyndns

Post by DrMartinus »

I now found the cause of the problem - or I think I found it: The password I used for that DynDNS service included some special characters (#,* and the like...), and it seems that this causes problem to the ADM. I've come to that conclusion after I registered with another DynDNS which does not require special characters in the password, and the connection to that DynDNS was established without a problem. I then contacted the original provider who said that they save the password as hash, and in the same way should the NAS submit it. They suggested to use an API-ID, which I did, and lo, this worked. The API-ID has, of course, no special character included.
Therefore I am pretty sure that the ADM does not handle those special characters properly.
Asustor AS6104T
ilike2burnthing

Re: no connection to dyndns

Post by ilike2burnthing »

Might be worth reporting the issue to Support.

Return to “[Official] For AS61XX/62XX Series”