few minutes after reboot, no option to connect to nas

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

spikey1973
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

few minutes after reboot, no option to connect to nas

Post by spikey1973 »

Hey to all, I

Found the following issue with my NAS (T6104), after a minute of no activity i can no longer connect to my NAS>
I never had never noticed before it (and i would have) so it can only have started today or a few days ago.
I first noticed when i just randomly tried to access my plex server, which i couldn't
So i rebooted the system, and as i had to update portainer anyway i did that, as i was active i could stay connected.
but a minute (or less) is not long so at one point i lost the connection. Rebooted. and the same thing happened.
so rebooted again.. and while i was looking around i lost connection again. Cables are solid, and i did get a chance to check that there is no sleep mode active, and wakeup on lan is active.
No activity except reboot wakes up the nas, and then only for a short while. the power remains on but there is no message in the display.

i am finding this all very strange and really have no clue what to look for.
Has there been an update that you know? i am set on automatic update so i am running the latest and greatest ADM version (4.0 or later)
its late now and after a few reboots i am tired and want to go to bed so i will fidget with it more tomorrow, ad i will take the power of during the night.

any suggestions are welcome.

Matthieu
orion

Re: few minutes after reboot, no option to connect to nas

Post by orion »

Does NAS show orange LED (sleep mode) on the front side? Can you ping NAS? Or can ACC find NAS?
spikey1973

Post by spikey1973 »

Hello Orion,

thanks for your reaction.. !
I had to check all things out. which i had to wait till today as yesterday it stayed connected all night, now back how it has lost connection again in the same manner (i leave my nas on 24/7)

1) normal leds are on ( blue and green) since i normally have my leds set so that orange is always on (less bright) i couldn't answer this straight away and had to change the setting.
2) i cant ping the nas, all packages are lost,
3) ACC doesn't detect is (usually run on linux, so i had to install acc on my windows 2e boot), when i use fing to scan my network it also shows to be offline (recogbnizes the mac adress also and links it if ip would have changed)
4) no error msgs in the drives detected.

additionally i have noticed that some of the docker containers do not start after reboot, from the 9 running randomly 3-5 don't start. all restart options are set as should and this never used to be the case. I doubt that this is relevant to thhis issue but i just thought to mention it as i also noticed it in case it might be relevant.

any thoughts?

Kind greats

Matthieu
orion

Post by orion »

spikey1973 wrote: 1) normal leds are on ( blue and green) since i normally have my leds set so that orange is always on (less bright) i couldn't answer this straight away and had to change the setting.
I don't understand?! The top-left side LED can perform blue color or orange color. The LED cannot show blue AND orange at the same time?!
spikey1973

Post by spikey1973 »

Hello Orion,

Sorry for being unclear. when the nas has "disconnected" the led is blue (and a green one below the blue).

What i tried to explain, is that in ADM there is an option to kill the blue led and set it to orange all the time, no matter if the nas is in sleep mode or not.
As i had that set i couldn't directly give the answer. I had to change this setting first and then wait for the issue to re-occur.
Now i did, i can indeed confirm that the nas leds did not signal sleep mode.

Kind greats

Matthieu
orion

Post by orion »

OK, I see. The mode that you mentioned should make orange LED blinking slowly.

If it's the case (blue LED and green LED), I believe NAS system must hang. It's impossible to know what's wrong without clues. I think you should contact to asustor support. They might be able to gather certain logs.
spikey1973

Post by spikey1973 »

Hello Orion,

Oke, i will do just that. thanks for your imput.

Kind greats
spikey1973

Post by spikey1973 »

hello Orion, reporting back.

hoping you might be able to help me on.
i have been getting feedback from asustor tech. seems to be an issue with my hdd / ssd setup.
i have been communicating with them to be able to let the techs ssh in to look at the issue.
but they seem not the be able to ssh in due to a: denied public key error. i found a possible way to correct this but for this i need to change the sshd_config file.
unfortunately i do not know how to edit files from terminal as i don't know which file editor to use.

so feel a bit stuck between a rock and a hardplace at the moment, any suggestions?
orion

Post by orion »

You can copy sshd_config to public shared folder. Then use the PC editor that you are familiar with. Note: you should keep this file as original format (not DOS format). If your PC OS is Windows, I'll recommend you to use "Notepad++" software. That should be able to keep the file format. After done, you can copy sshd_config back to the original place.
spikey1973

Post by spikey1973 »

Ah yeah, of course that is also a possibility, thanks for helping me out.

kind greats

Return to “[Official] For AS61XX/62XX Series”