Mount 8 TB hdd without Formating

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

NovaYear
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Mount 8 TB hdd without Formating

Post by NovaYear »

I got a new nas. AS6204T. I have 2 hard drives. someone is full, someone is empty. I inserted the empty one into the device and installed it. I want to mount it as ntfs without modifying the partition structure without formatting the full one. As in other linux systems, I open the ssh port and connect it to the terminal. I wanted to compile and install "ntfs-3g" from the source and mount the harddisk. I saw that there was no c ++ library and make compiler at compile time. I tried to install them with the package manager, but there is no package manager. I tried to compile related requirements from the source, but again I could not do it because there are many similar missing libraries.

I am asking asus developers, do you have a little added ntfs systems to mount and use?

The main goal is not to offer the best service to the user. why not just design your own ideas. Is not the opinion of the users important?

make a small ntfs mount application. In case of urgent priority, we can install and use hard disk.

Have you got a suggestion about using ntfs disk?

Do not be ridiculous suggesting that you connect usb portable. If I were to use USB I would use a removable disk. then why did I get "nas"?

thank you, I expect real solutions.
respects.
orion

Re: Mount 8 TB hdd without Formating

Post by orion »

That's an embedded system. So it's not a standard Linux OS. However, NAS is indeed capable to mount NTFS (mount -t ntfs). I believe you should try it before, but failed. If you need to recompile something, you should create build system in your PC (get the development kit from asustor).

PS: it looks like that the newest ADM version twists certain block device functions in kernel mode (found in "dmesg"). It may be the reason for mounting failure.

Return to “[Official] For AS61XX/62XX Series”