Continuously syncing?

OneDrive is Microsoft’s cloud storage service. This app can access your OneDrive account and synchronize the files to/from NAS.

Note: Currently, this app does not support OneDrive for Business.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

KennethF
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Continuously syncing?

Post by KennethF »

Hi there
I enabled traffic analysis in my ASUS router, and to my surprise, I see that the Onedrive client for my Asustor NAS is continuously and constantly syncing. Although the sync is complete, it continues to fetch files from my Onedrive although these files have already been synced, and not touched or modified in years.

ADM: 3.2.4.RNN1
Onedrive client: 1.2.0.r150

It is not a huge problem, and I have set a transfer bandwidth limit, but I am just curious about the behavior.

Thanks
orion

Re: Continuously syncing?

Post by orion »

Not sure how busy it will be. I think you should report this issue to asustor here: https://support.asustor.com/
vitosx

Post by vitosx »

I had maybe similar issue. I noticed my NAS stopped going to sleep, Onedrive client tried to sync one file constantly, and when I checked it indeed was missing on my NAS.
When I tried to download this file through Onedrive website, I got a warning that file is virus infected (it was a false alarm according to virustotal.com) and I had to confirm I want to download it. Clearly Onedrive client on NAS does not handle such cases well.

Even after solving this issue I still don't like Asustor Onedrive client - it writes something to disk every ca. 30 minutes, so my HDD won't go to sleep or is waking up every few minutes. This happens when I do not use and do not modify data on my Onedrive at all.
tortor

Post by tortor »

Same issue with constant synchronization, posted a ticket on this: https://support.asustor.com/index.php?/ ... View/37525
martinb

Post by martinb »

I can't seem to view that ticket, but I think I may have the same issue. I have noticed the Status icon never goes back to the "green tick", it continuously shows the "blue cloud" icon and the words "Synchronization in progress".

I have several different OneDrive accounts set up to sync. One of the accounts, which hadn't had any file changes for months, was displaying the green tick. As a test I added a new file to the account via the OneDrive web page, datasync center promptly recognised the change and downloaded the file, the status icon changed to the blue cloud and stayed that way - permanently showing "Synchronization in progress". I'm not sure how long the other accounts have been like that.
martinb

Post by martinb »

I solved my issue.

I deleted and recreated my sync jobs and they now go back to showing the green tick after any sync activity.

A week or so before I noticed the issue google had suggested an article about Microsoft having completed its rollout of delta sync for one drive. I wondered if was related - that's why I tried deleting and recreating the sync jobs. Could be just a coincidence, but it worked for me.

Return to “Data Sync for OneDrive”